Customer reviews

Hans Christian Andersen
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.49

on 8 August 2017
This album contains most of the same songs as the one of my youth - but missing Uncle Pockets and There's a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea - and makes up for the ansences with a lot of other tracks some of which are quite fun... but at least there are all the Hans Christian Andersen songs and Tubby the Tuba to regale my nostalgic heart. Can't wait to entrance (or bore!?) my grandson with the tales of Tubby and the Ugly Duckling
on 2 September 2011
Totally bored with bland nursery rhymes in the car? Then buy this. Also, buy the film so your kids can learn the actions to Thumbelina et al. My 3 year old loves singing along to this and it's so refreshing to hear the talent of Danny Kaye singing instead of some backing singers sounding bored to a rubbish track of something like wheels on the bus!

The songs might be 50 years old - but they're all classics. This soundtrack was definitely money well spent, especially at such a bargain price from Amazon.
on 13 December 2017
Loved the film and grew up with the stories, now sharing with grand children...
on 28 April 2017
Great lovely songs from a favorite true artist! Thank you.
on 3 May 2017
Brilliant. Very fast delivery. A+
on 2 January 2018
Excellent service and product
on 22 June 2009
I bought this for my 3-year-old out of nostalgia, as I loved my vinyl 'Hans Christian Andersen' as a kid. My little boy loves it and asks for it over and over again - now he knows all the words to 'The Ugly Duckling' and sings along in the car - very cute!
A couple of the later tracks are stinkers, I imagine from Danny Kaye's wilderness years, but on the whole this is a pleasant listen. Some of the numbers are very very 50s and have a kind of Beverley Sisters (or do I mean Andrews Sisters?) backing group. Probably not everyone's cup of tea, but I'd take Danny Kaye's 'Woody Woodpecker' over Mel Blanc's any day!
on 4 September 2009
Thought you might like to have a review from the USA.

Like the previous reviewer, I had the record version of this recording. It was the favorite recording of both my kids (now 38 and 45-years-old!), especially the "Tubby the Tuba" track.

A couple of years ago, I tried to purchase a CD version of this recording for my granddaughter here, but could not find it. I did find it on the Amazon.co.uk website and ordered from there. My granddaughter says the recording is also one of her favorites and she knows all the songs.
on 23 December 2011
This CD has bought back so many special childhood memories for me especially of my Dad who introduced me to wonderful world of Danny Kaye/Hans Christian Andersen and now my three year old grandaughter loves it as well. I close my eyes to listen to 'Tubby the Tuba' and am immediately transported back to back to being a youngster bought up with these magical, musicals from long ago. Well worth the money.
on 11 February 2011
Danny Kaye Sings Hans Christian Anderson and other Favourites, the title say's it all. All the songs from his films that I remember seeing a long time ago. The songs brought back quite a few memories to me and they were a joy to listen to all over again'