Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 July 2017
Love this album; seeing the tour naturally helped too!
on 14 April 2017
atmospheric.and well constructed.
on 2 May 2017
Another masterpiece
on 30 July 2017
I love this album !!!
VINE VOICEon 20 January 2010
I must admit, when I watched a video of a drum session with Schneider drumming out what turned to be the backing for "Mehr" I got pretty excited.

As it turns out, "Mehr" is one of the standout tracks on LifAD, but a lot of them fall down - whereas tracks like "Mehr"; "Rammlied" and "Ich tu Dir Weh" simply scream at you to get yourself into a mosh pit darn quickly before one of the band exits stage left in a rubber dinghy.

"Mutter" was, is, and will always be the pinnacle of Rammstein's song making. Reise was a good effort, and from what I could gather, Rosenrot was the remnants of the cutting room floor after they had finished the previous album (your could tell).

One thing hasn't changed - the songs are as cutting as ever. I often tell easily-offended friends not to bother translating the tracks, as they'd possibly never listen to Rammstein again. Though I was a little bemused (and delighted) to hear Till belting it out in English in track 8.

Standout tracks are Rammlied, Ich tu dir Weh, Haifisch and Mehr. I can't stop whistling the intro to Roter Sand either.

Fans hoping for a return to the head-thrashing, foot-stomping glory days of Mutter will be disappointed, but this isn't a bad effort at all, and some of the tracks are going to translate really well to the live tour, which I am more than looking forward to seeing!!
on 19 November 2009
For me, Rammstein's previous offerings up until Rosenrot are pure genius - I would be hard put to choose a song I dislike. Rosenrot is good as opposed to the excellence of Herzeleid, Sehnsucht, Mutter and Reise Reise. LIFAD brings Rammstein back to their best. From the anthemic 'Rammleid' (was lucky enough to get to see them last week in Barcelona and this is THE mother of all openers) to the wistful 'Fruehling in Paris', and the outstanding 'Waidmann's Heil' this is definitely a top notch album from one of the best bands around.
Summary - Like Rammstein? You'll love this.
on 1 January 2010
I am new to Rammstein but have purchased their entire back catalogue since hearing this album!!
It is quite simply stunning in every respect, heavy, well put together and in keeping with all that is great about this band!!
After listening to their back catalogue I feel this is their best piece of work to date, I can't wait to hear the songs live in Manchester in February 2010!!!
on 23 October 2009
So we hear nothing from Rammstein for years then we are given "Pussy" Whilst this song worked for me musically, I thought the blatant crass lyrics were disappointing for Rammstein. The subject matter didn't offend me, they've been singing about sex for years, but they usually do it much more cleverly than "you have a pussy, I have a dick, so what's the problem let's do it quick"

So with trepidation I rushed out on release day to my local HMV (sorry amazon) and picked up the album, and after one listen all my fears were quashed. Let's start by saying this is their heaviest album yet. Richard and Paul excel in their guitar playing on this record, Tills voice sounds as menacing as it ever has and Christoph's drumming is superb.

Standout tracks include "B*******", which has the best riff Rammstein have written since Sonne, it hits you like a 10 tonne truck. Couple that with Till shouting in the chorus and the whole song sounds almost apocalyptic.
"Weiner Blut" starts off quietly with some quiet menacing singing from Till, then after a spine tingling utter of "wilkommen..." you just know all hell is gonna break loose, and it does with another earth shattering guitar riff.

My favourite song is perhaps the most unlikely candidate, "Fruehling In Paris". This starts with a delicate arpeggio played on clean guitar, and tender lyrics from Till and builds into an epic ballad, it is staggeringly beautiful and I dearly hope they include it in their live shows.

If you're a Rammstein fan this is essential, it is without question their defining album, there isn't a weak track on it, I already have my ticket for Wembley on the 4th of February and I couldn't be more excited!

Oh and spend the extra few quid on the deluxe edition, the bonus tracks are worth it
on 18 December 2010
I'm just going to throw right out here immediately; this album is incredible, a truly epic, stunning journey full of darkness, beauty, humour and filth. And, to all of you complaining about the obscenity, that is precisely the point! Art relects the state of reality, so if this is obscene, it's only because society is! If you don't like obscenity, why are you listening to 1) Rock music in general and 2) Rammstein, a band with a long and gloriously dirty history of spreading nastiness through their music? Go listen to some Christian folk or something...

Anyway, on to the music. The best tracks for my money are "Rammlied," "Ich Tu dir Weh," "Fruehling In Paris" and "Wiener Blut." But really, picking favourites seems churlish when presented with such a collection of treasures. That said, I most say that "Donaukinder" on the special edition is one of the most beautiful songs the band have ever recorded, right up there with "Seemann," "Stein Um Stein," "Sonne" and so on...

So to conclude, the heaviest, filthiest and probably funniest album this most special of bands has ever written and right up there with all their past glories...
on 21 November 2009
Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da is Rammsteain's best Album since Mutter. I have pretty much listened to it every day since I bought it and am still not bored of it. For Rammstein fans this is a must and for those new to Rammstein I think this or Mutter are the best introductions.Worth every penny!