on 6 April 2012
After really enjoying the first book "Deadly Gamble" it was wonderful to see Charlie Parker developing her character in this second book.
The setting of Hawaai & the introduction of Drake, the helicopter pilot showed the depth of Connie Shelton's knowledge & writing.
The location descriptions are just right, not too much, just enough to illustrate the background.
I have read many mystery books over many years but these Charlie Parker books are the most enjoyable of all & really draw you in to identify with the characters.
Buy & enjoy!!
on 2 November 2013
This author gives you easy reading but I felt let down by the weak ending it made it necessary to by the next book in the series which I have bought and it does follow straight of as if you are reading the next chapter Clever merchandising !
on 4 December 2013
Loved the plot and descriptions!! Many mystery writers ignore the descriptions so your mental image is left to it's own choices, I like to get descriptions as I like to relax when I'm reading not do all the work!!!
on 20 January 2013
I loved the first one and I couldn't wait to read the rest of the series. I haven't got around to that yet, but I'm sure I'll like it. And its very reasonable priced.
on 18 July 2014
Romance, detection and helicopters, a fun read with a twisty plot, a story on its own but following on the previous book
on 30 November 2013
excitingand kept me on tender hooks didnot want to put my kindle down.I shall be buying more books from this author
on 23 May 2014
Still up to the standard I expect from this author. Can't weight to try tge next book in the series
on 4 July 2016