Size: Medium|Change

on 3 April 2013
Bought these to go with my SoundMAGIC E30s purchased around a year ago.
In short:
- Girlfriend blow-drying her hair about 1.5m away this morning, played some Sigur Ros on my phone, volume around 50% (conversation level, I'd say). Couldn't hear the hair dryer at all, or the girlfriend shouting at me over the hair dryer. Bonus.
- Been wearing them since then (around 5 hours so far) and I've forgotten they're in; The cables dangling from my ears are more uncomfortable, and they are folded behind my ears and barely noticeable. I could easily wear these all day long.
- They are remarkably secure. I had a good fit with the bundled silicon tips with the E30s, but the Comply memory foam just blows them away naturally. Fitting was fiddly (I have wide but shallow ear canals, or some other weirdness), but with a little *less* pressure when holding them in place I got a very comfortable and secure fit without any muffling of the headphones.
- One problem: I have no idea how loud I'm being anymore. I can't hear my typing of this review at my keyboard, yet my girlfriend just came upstairs and told me to stop hammering on the keys. I guess that's a good problem to have, though.

Comparative eBay review: **GREAT PRODUCT* AAA++++++++++++++++++++++

EDIT: I bought the combi set, and have used the Large fitting for the reason stated above. My g/f, luckily, has Philips SHE 9500 headphones which these fit also, making these a £10 upgrade to my headphones. WELL worth it, IMHO, at that price.
These seem to get a lot of good reviews (which is one of the reasons I bought them), but I'm afraid that I just didn't like the feel or the fit of them at all.
The memory foam idea, the noise isolation and the wax guard all attracted me to them.

But, at the end of the day, if I don't like the feel of them in my ears, then I am not going to use them.

Anyway, I hope that this review is helpful in some way when making the decision.
on 4 December 2014
I bought these to replace the standard ear buds on a pair of SoundMAGIC E10 earphones.
I commute to and from work most days on the Tube and wanted better isolation to enjoy podcasts, music etc.

If I was rating these little fellas on their fit and ability to cut out external sound (I'd estimate a reduction of around 80%), I'd give them a good 4 stars.

Unfortunately, despite only wearing them for 1-2 hours a day, 3-4 times a week, each pair has managed to split within a few weeks. I'm now on my last pair (there are 3 pairs in a pack) and one is showing signs of splitting - a sure sign that they only have a few wears left before I need to replace them again.
I've used similar priced buds by Shure (on Shure earphones) and they offered me slightly better isolation and lasted much, much longer.

Maybe I've been unlucky this time around, but having paid almost 70% of the cost of the earphones for these buds and having to replace them after just 4 months, I can't recommend them.
on 17 August 2015
I was very happy with my Soundmagic E10S phones, but I broke the very flimsy wax guards trying to change the tips. My search for a solution led me to these Comply tips. I found them very comfortable and excellent at blocking extraneous noise. I am reserving a point for the bit of extra bass added - preferring music played by musicians I don't see massive bass as an end in itself. They are a little expensive too.
on 11 September 2015
These were bought for my LG tone infinim. They are a lot better than the original ear buds. These do offer some noise cancellation but they are not great. Do not expect to have all noise cancelled. They are very comfortable, very easy to change over from my old ear buds. Due to the fact that these do offer better fitting and some noise cancellation my music does not need to be turned right up and the overall sounds has improved a lot.
on 18 February 2015
I wasn't sure which size I would need so bought this multi-pack. Perfect fit onto my SoundMAGIC E10 headphones that I use for everyday wear and opted for the medium tip to try out first. I have been really impressed with the fit and comfort of these tips, which I can now wear for hours without any fatigue or discomfort at all. The sound quality of the headphones has also been drastically improved, with better sound isolation added into the bargain as well. From the quality point of view, the bass response is much better and more delicate mids-highs are more easily picked out at lower volumes (which I believe is due to the improved isolation). I can now wear my headphones with these tips for commutes and not have to hear others on trains/tubes, plus I can now keep the volume lower to save my hearing! Overall I would definitely recommend, though don't expect them to last much more than a year of regular use as the tips will degrade over time.
on 21 September 2015
I am sure that these work but for me they were too big to fit comfortably in my ear channel, not the supplier's fault. They are obviously much cheaper but not as effective as my Bose Quiet Comfort in ear phones
on 17 May 2013
Memory foam in-ear addition to normal in-ear headphones. Basically you squash them up and pop them in. The foam then re-inflates and moulds itself to your ear canal. This cuts out about 90% of the sound around you, no matter how loud it is. When you play your device (an iPhone 4S in my case) you only need to turn it up to around the 50% mark to hear your device perfectly and completely over whelm your environment sound. This means you can hear safely - no noise pollution or potentially damaging sound levels required to hear crystal clear sound - and all for a combined total of less than £20!!
on 3 April 2015
These are good, don't get me wrong. They fit well, are comfortable, do not move. However, I must have one ear a different size to the other as it just won't fit properly so I feel I'd need a size down for that ear and these are a bit expensive to buy two different size packs to mix and match. Mine are starting to deteriorate now, after just over two months. They still have mileage yet, so I'm not concerned, but I'd only buy them again if they were reduced in price as they were when I bought them. One ear is just not secure and no amount of squishing them as small as they'll go gets them in enough so they expand again in the right place.
on 18 January 2013
I have a rotten time keeping earbuds in. I've not found any that I can relax with, even with pulling my ears in all directions and drilling the damn things in there.

Until now! These fit neatly onto my Soundmagic S10s. Initially (first few seconds) I thought I was going to be disappointed, but then the foam expanded gently and THESE STAY IN! As a major bonus, the sound is enhanced. I've turned the volume down and the music is clear and crisp.

All in all then, I think these 3 pairs will probably last me a year or so, so £20 delivered is OK I guess. But for some little pieces of foam these are spendy - but very effective. A star off for price.