on 14 November 2012
I bought this unit for my kitchen. I already had a Pure One DAB radio but wanted a CD player as well, and this was the smallest CD player with built-in DAB radio I could find anywhere. I'm very pleased with the size, it sits unobtrusively on my dresser, and produces very good quality sound for its size.

The CD player is completely silent, there are some reviewers saying otherwise so perhaps they have ironed out the earlier problems. The DAB reception is very reliable, picking up the full range of stations with perfect reception from the small wire aerial.

The green backlit display is very easy to read and yet unobtrusive. If I wanted to read the text on my old Pure One (for example to find out the name of the piece of music playing) it involved a lot of peering at the small display with pastry-covered hands; this one requires no more than a quick glance. (The Pure One is a superb unit though and is now in the sitting room).

It also has a useful Aux in port on the front so any other items can be easily connected, and it has a USB on the top which is useful for charging things like the camera or the Kindle, no need to hunt around for chargers. It really does have the feel of being a well thought out and well designed unit.

It'd be a nice item for a bedroom with its alarm and snooze functions but is superb in a kitchen as well. It does exactly what I wanted and needed and more. Very pleased.
3 people found this helpful
on 1 February 2011
fed up with listening to a ginger pillock in the mornings l thought l could wake up to a CD.so l brought this.at first l found loads more stations on DAB,really good DJs but then found someone kept trying to sell me a photo copier or settee,whilst l am still half asleep,So try a CD,found drive slightly noisy oh dear, but then l found l can wake up to the news,then turn on my mp3 player.BLISS! sounds/speakers are good. 4 modes of alarms,ie set the alarm for weekdays only then forget about it.Time sets itself,so if a power loss it will set itself up again,loads of features.l would recomend this unit,it has a lot going for it,but CD drive could be better(perhaps it will bed in?)
on 16 August 2010
I ordered this item for my wife's 70th birthday, and we are both well pleased with it. It is compact, sturdy and has a great sound tone. It's easy to set up, and the remote is handy, but only for the most basic functions. The CD player is a little squeaky at times, but not excessively. The only negative is that there are no number buttons to select presets, so it's necessary to scroll through from 1 onwards each time, which could be irritating if you need to change stations often (also preset selection is not available at all via the remote). However, an excellent product for the price.
on 25 November 2012
My once and forever kitchen has just been finished so I needed a special radio to finish it off. Looked at several before choosing the Chronos, I already have a Pure radio alarm in the bedroom so knew how good they sounded. I have not been disappointed, the radio is easy to set up and use, looks good but also, most importantly, sounds terrific.
on 28 September 2017
Excellent sound, Very good reception. DAB and FM programmes excdellent.
on 24 March 2013
Neat and compact unit that is fairly easy to set up and does everything it is supposed to.
Instructions on setting alarms are poor but I worked it out eventually and like the multiple alarm pre-sets that are possible.
Only disappointment is the lack of bass which is almost non-existent. It's not Bose price, but it does not stand comparison with the Panasonic micro unit with two small remote speakers that it has replaced after the CD player failed. It also has less bass than the little Pure One Classic that we have owned for the last year or two.
on 14 June 2012
Wanted a compact DAB/FM/CD that would not take up loads of room on my kitchen worktop...and this item fits the bill perfectly. In fact...it doesn't take up any valuable worktop space at all, at it fits on the windowsill!
Only one criticism - I went for the white option (aesthetics) and it comes with a black plug and powerlead :(
on 28 February 2013
I bought this radio in October 2012,for my bedroom t worked perfectly until now,February 2013 radio fine but CD player just skips tracks I have tried different C.Ds they all do the same I am very dissatisfied and would not recommend this item
One person found this helpful
on 11 August 2012
The chronos was the only clock radio I could find that had an auxillary input so that I could play my mp3 player through it. Not everyone has an ipod you know. The clock radio works great and I would recommend it to anyone.
Well worth the money.
One person found this helpful
on 2 September 2017
It really works well at the moment and I am so impressed with it.