on 27 March 2010
Ordered 24th and delivered 26th.
Nice little hub which, due to the starfish design, easily handles 4 of the widest USB plugs I have (2.6cm across shoulders).
It could handle wider plugs (if such things exist), as when it's fully inserted the plug body isn't flush to the hub body but stands about 3mm proud of it so that the concave curve of the hub body doesn't much limit the USB width, as it might appear to do from the product photograph above.
Also, as mentioned by another reviewer, the small green LED is enough to show it is connected without being over-intrusive.
I like it so much, I'm writing this review whilst in the process of ordering another!
on 12 March 2010
I was left with only one USB port working on my computer so I was so pleased to receive the 4 port USB. It has made such a difference to me and it was easy to attach to the computer. It is so reasonably priced too and was quickly delivered. I would certainly recommend it to anyone who needs extra USB capacity.
on 21 July 2010
I found that I had quite a few USB attachments to my laptop all of which needed to be unplugged for safe portability of the machine. I bought the 4 Port USB Hub with a view to having one usb cable where four had been before. The device works well and is easy to instal. Regrettably my cordless optical mouse did not work when the base unit was attached through the hub. My videocam , remote hard disc, keyboard, ipod and HP Printer all seemed to function OK, though. When I replaced my HP Printer with a Kodak one it would not function on the device. So whilst I was pleased with the hub and what it did I was a little disappointed that it was not all embracing.
on 30 December 2011
Looking at the reviews and ratings - you're either going to be lucky, get one that works and love it. Or, like me, get one that doesn't! I was only able to run one USB device off it at a time - kinda defeats the point! That said, the vendors, Simplshop2000, have been brilliant - refunding without any quibbles.
on 27 May 2010
Certainly tidies things up and its great my kids can charge their MP3 players on the desk instead of it hanging out of usb on the hard drive. Would definately recommend this product.
on 4 September 2010
I thought that this would do what it said on the label. How naive. It arrived on time and in anticipation I unwrapped it and immediately plugged it in to my PC. Added my printer into it and tried to print. Unfortunately it couldn't handle the data and I ended up with about 1/3 of a sheet printed. The one thing it isn't is high speed. Too cheap to send back, maybe this is what they hope, but won't buy from this retailer again. Very disappointed
on 22 October 2010
Unfortunately this item was a disappointment. I feel I got a substandard model - it is not green but clear, the ports are not usb 2 but 1, and there is a misprint on the packet calling it a HUG, so a bad batch I think. One port did not work at all, and when I inserted 2 usbs at once the thing blew and will not work now. Fortunately the company was very quick to give me a refund, but I don't think I will trust getting another one.
on 17 August 2010
The price was attractive, but the proof of the pud etc etc. Great product, I only have a laptop with 3 ports and this hub has saved me the pain in the rump of disconnecting one piece of kit to connect another. Can't recommend it highly enough. Value for money? Certainly. You won't be disappointed.
on 19 July 2010
Works On The Nintendo WII...

I bought this hub because the Nintendo WII only has 2 USB ports which is not enough for my 4 USB accessories.

I pluged it in and it worked on both ports and with every accessorie.

Job done....

I will be buying this item again.
on 23 March 2011
This product has been working for a year now...I was expecting the thing to die out after a few weeks or months at best...and the computer is switched on between 8 and 14 hours a day every day.

recommended