on 19 December 2015
I have been knitting and crocheting for over 40 years and love knitting aran cable designs. I love KnitPro needles and have sets of Zing, Symphonie and Nova interchangable circulars (as well as crochet hooks) so I thought I would get matching cable needles. I am working on an Aran jumper using size 5.5mm needles and aran yarn and have been using an ordinary steel 4mm cable needle. I tried using the 4mm from this set and the stitches just got stuck on it. I tried the smaller one and the same happened. I knit to exact tension so the stitches weren't tight but they just got stuck in the grooves on these needles. They are also very short compared with my steel one. So they look lovely and complete my set, but I won't actually be using them! Back to my steel one. And I have been knitting for over 40 years so
on 10 January 2015
I bought these as I love wooden knitting needles and the only cable needle I had was a metal one. I thought they looked like good value and were pretty. They arrived very quickly and I was amazed at the quality. They are ridged down their length which takes a bit of getting used to but once you are used to them . . . . . The ridges stop the stitches sliding off the needle so you can drop the stitches being cabled whilst you knit the others. The ridges also hold the cable needle in the fabric so you can just stick the cable needle in your knitting when you're not using it and the ridges hold it there - a real bonus if, like me, you're forever losing your cable needle :). The three sizes are good as well, the larger size will quite happily hold cable stitches up to super chunky wool. Altogether a great buy.
on 9 August 2016
The pack I received only contained one needle, so had to be returned, but it gave me the chance to try it out. The ridges mean that the stitches stay put, which may or may not be an advantage. I suspect it may be irritating to some, as the stitches need to be pushed off to knit them up, and slow you down. I am sticking with my old v shaped cable needles for the moment. Sorry KnitPro, I usually love your products but I have reservations about these.
on 21 January 2015
I love Knitpro Symfonie products but these cable needles are no use, , the grooves are too sharp and too deep.
DON'T THROW THEM OUT, SAND THEM.
I sanded mine using a medium sandpaper to get the grooves out and a fine sandpaper to smooth them. You don't need to sand the tips. They now work fine.
on 10 August 2015
I was looking forward to using these cable needles, as I love the knitting needles. So I was so disappointed when I did start to use one of them, the yarn kept catching on the little grooves in the wood, I can't see what use these grooves are there for, so I certainly wouldn't recommend them, I then went back to my old faithfuls.
on 2 February 2017
Ideal for use. Nice and smooth.
on 23 October 2015
Beautiful, high quality. Love knit pro and worth the money.
on 7 April 2014
I love my Symfonie double pointed needles, and my sock needles, and adore my Symfonie adjustable circular needles but I hate these. The ridges catch on the yarn and pulled it, leaving my cables all bumpy and out of shape. I am so disappointed.
on 25 March 2017
Thought I would try these knit pro cable needles as I love the range, but these have ridges (like cuts in the wood ) which I understand is supposed to stop the stitches sliding but I couldn't get on with them so I will stick to my old fashioned smooth cable needle.
on 23 March 2013
Because of the grooves in these needles they don't fall out of the work even if you have to leave your work for anytime at this point.