on 5 October 2012
Purchased this from Buy it Love it. Firstly, product a complete lemon - kept saying 'paper jam' even though I hadn't used it yet! Wouldn't even print the test page. Secondly, enquired about returns only to find that I have to pay the postage! This was a 7.5 kg package and cost nearly £16. On top of this, the Post Office couldn't find BILI's address ... it's as if they were making it as hard as possible to return anything. Am at a loss as to how this seller has 5 stars...
on 17 January 2011
Don't usually have any issues with HP printers and this is no exception. It's good quality and great value BUT, I bought it for it's wireless capability, which it DOESN'T have, (thanks to misleading information on the Amazon website).
What's more it's supposed to contain a USB cable & doesn't! (More an issue with HP of course).
Buyer beware - other reviews proclaiming this product's easy wi-fi set-up should be disregarded!!!
Returning via DHL home collection service, with no additional P&P charge. Awaiting refund.
Usually happy with service from Amazon, but disappointed on this occasion.
on 3 May 2011
I received and installed my printer today (I actually needed to download newer drivers for the machine, as I have a Windows 7-64 OS) and set-up was easy! I had everything done, dusted, calibrated and printing within 15 minutes of unpacking. I have used Epson for the last few years, and have had nothing but issues with printing, drivers, paper feeds, calibration, mass ink usage due to recalibration, etc etc...

With the HP Photosmart I have found the printer to be noisy, especially on initial set up, however the SPEED of the printer is so impressive, coupled with the quality makes this printer outstanding! I can easily stand a little noise, for the inevitably short time the printer is working... despite the fact that I print 100's of pages off I have no doublt that instead of the marathon I'm used to it will be a sprint instead.

The printer looks sleek and modern, though it is a little bulky, however having a paper feed in the front rather than out the back is a feature I enjoy very much - less likeliness of jamming and improper insertion! It also means the printer is easier to manoeuvre in smaller office/home spaces; no need for the front AND back to be clear areas. The touchscreen is nice and sharp, and operating instructions are very easy to follow. The control panel features lots of different options for most home printing needs, if not all, and adjustments are easy to make.

If you want a fast, good quality printer (and dont mind a bit of noise) I'm sure you can't beat this one - both thumbs up, really REALLY impressed. Oh, and though the print cartridges may be more expensive than some other HP all in ones, you get a much better capacity for the money, especially if you got for the XL cartridges...
on 5 January 2010
Physically easy to set up out of the box. Drivers installed okay with Windows7. Would have liked to be able to set the wireless settings via the printers built-in menu but software did a good enough job of detecting the WLAN and connecting it all together. So far no probs !!!
on 3 August 2011
This printer is good value for money BUT it doesn't have wi-fi capability. Some of the 'photosmart' models may have, but the one advertised and sold here does not. I decided to keep the printer anyway as I don't really need it to be wireless, however now I do need to go out and buy another usb cable when I thought I wouldn't have had to.
on 8 February 2011
I am perfectly happy with the function of this printer - bought to replace an old Dell All-in-One which had given up the ghost. Like my mobile phone, this HP printer has lots of features which I will never use, but what I do use it for, it works perfectly. Quality of prints, pictures and photos far exceeds my previous Dell.

One word of caution - if, like me, you connect your printer via a USB cable to your PC, even though the enclosed HP documentation suggests that a USB cable is provided, it is NOT. Don't forget to order a cable!
on 7 May 2011
really excellent value for money ,but HP have a policy of delivering the 'goods' at excellent low prices - just a pity they cannot treat their inks with the same 'corporate policy'.
on 15 December 2010
I'm very pleased with this printer/scanner/copier. Its fast and quality of printing is fantastic. Great purchase. Only minor down point is its a little noisey but doesnt bother me.
on 19 September 2011
Purchased as replacement for very old excellent Hp printer so used same manufacturer.

Some minor carriage jams on set up but easily resolved with online user guide.

Appears to do what is says it will on trial printing but no cable supplied for non wireless hook up so cannot use printer at the moment.
on 13 February 2011
Excellent printer for a top price
workd well
the scanner function scans only in jpeg though
good photo resolution