on 7 October 2017
Adapted from Dennis Lehane’s book, Shutter Island is rife with mystery and feelings of foreboding throughout, and even having read the book beforehand, I was still thinking about it long after the credits had rolled.

Atmospheric, tense and scary as hell, there’s more than a small dose of The Cabinet of Dr Caligeri in it, Martin Scorsese does some of his best directing in this perfectly sculpted and ingeniously shot (the bright lighting only goes to add doubt about what’s real and imagined) about Leonardo DiCaprio pretty much losing his mind.

The employment of 'On the Nature of Daylight' by Max Richter, was, as its usage in Arrival, seriously unforgettable.
on 27 July 2017
Fantastic film. Great twist - I had to watch it again to see where the clues were to what was happening, and enjoyed it just as much when I knew what was going on. Great acting from Leonardo de Caprio and Mark Ruffalo.
on 3 December 2017
A great film, which I stumbled across one day on tv and decided I would like to have it in my collection to watch again. Some great performances from a good cast and there is a good twist in the tale too.
on 27 August 2017
Brilliant film that will leave you wanting more. Definitely one you can watch again and again and still have a diffierent opinion on. Good thriller engaging and keeps you on the edge of your seat.
on 16 September 2017
Incredible film! Still as good as good as it was the first time I watched it on its release!
on 7 March 2014
A colleague loaned me a copy of this film and usually I am not a fan of America thrillers as they over dramatise but this film was amazing so much so I had to buy my own copy so I could watch it anytime.
on 3 September 2016
So clever
My husband didn't like it but I thought it was ingenuous .
on 7 October 2017
Bit slow in places but clever story.
on 3 June 2015
This is much better than I expected,really picks up on the increasingly disturbing atmosphere-- leaving you wondering-----------
on 1 August 2017
not what you expect at first and a little strange but it comes together in the end. well worth watching.