Customer reviews

Revolution
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 16 February 2017
I think Miranda's music is excellent, I had a CD for Christmas and I have been hooked ever since. I haven't been disappointed with any of her albums and if your already a fan you will enjoy this as much as any of her other CD's. If you haven't heard of her before, check out any of her songs on Youtube.
on 15 July 2017
The opening track of "White liar" is brilliant and "Makin' plans" to and for me the rocky tracks of "Maintain the pain, Sin for sin and That's the way the world goes round (fun lyrics)" are favourites but "The house that built me" is another classic beautiful trip we can all relate to. Love it.
on 10 July 2017
What can you say... it's Miranda Lambert. Once again she delivers. Some great songs like "White Liar" on this album and a few I hadn't heard of. This album has been my commute buddy for weeks now. Highly recommend.
on 8 July 2017
Terrific album from Miranda. Selection of soft and rock country that make you want to smile and cry. Love this album. Good packaging and arrived on time.
on 4 September 2017
badly recoreded too noisy cant hear her voice on most of the songs. not her best album
on 18 June 2017
I am a big fan of Miranda. Lovely voice, good songs
on 8 June 2017
Fantastic
on 21 October 2009
Miranda Lambert just keeps on getting better and better!
Revolution is her third album and boy is she shaking things up.Instead of all the 'guns blazing,setting things on fire' attitude that she has unfairly been known for,she's showing another side to herself.A more mature,laid back attitude.And it works a treat!
She still gives us some of her trademark rockin' uptempos that we love.Including the tongue in cheek White Liar,Only Prettier and Sin For A Sin.Plus the extremely addictive Airstream Song and Me And Your Cigarettes.She also covers 2 classic tracks,Time To Get A Gun and That's The Way That The World Goes 'Round.The latter has a really cool 80's punk rock vibe to it that will leave you wanting more!
She slows things down with songs like the beautiful The House That Built Me,this will bring a tear to your eye and the touching Virginia Bluebell.
Miranda is a rare and precious gem in modern country music,so she is always an absolute pleasure to listen to.Revolution is without a doubt a strong contender for Album Of The Year so you couldn't possibly go wrong with this CD...

Prime cuts: Only Prettier, Me And Your Cigarettes, Airstream Song, The House That Built Me.
review image review image review image
on 12 April 2010
I had not heard of Miranda Lambert but was alerted to her music via an Amazon email suggesting other things I might like to listen to. I don't always pay attention to such emails but am so glad I did - this album is fantastic! She has a superb voice; her songs are country with a contemporary twist, some humourous and some of a more reflective nature. I have since purchased her other albums and all are of the highest quality. Highly recommended.
on 21 July 2010
As the title of the review suggests, I hate country music, pretty much all of it, both old and knew, male and female etc etc. My girlfriend however loves the stuff and as such I am forced to listen to loads of it. I assumed I would hate this album as I hate other modern female country fare, such as Taylor Swift and Kellie Pickler and bands such as Lady Antebellum and the rest of them. I was pleasantly surprised by this album however. It is mature, in places both serious and fun and it showcases an artist who seems to really be coming into her own. Having also heard the previous record, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (which also surprised me), this is a great leap forward. It is a departure for the other modern female singers, less pop-country/nu-country/whatever phrase some chump made up, more country as written and performed by someone with a deep appreciation for what came before her and an astute understanding of what is happening now, shunning as she does, many overt pop sensibilities in favour of old style country tinged with modern rock style guitar sounds/effects, some blues arrangements and even portions of soul and old RnB.

I think one of the reasons I quite like this album, and to some extent the less mature but still grown up previous offering, is that I actually believe that Miranda Lambert knows what she is talking about, and what she is talking about is completely different from other artists, such as those previously mentioned, that she is nearly always lumped in with. Songs such as the restrained but rousing, Time To Get A Gun and the personal Me and Your Cigarettes simply could not be sung by the squeaky clean Taylor Swift and even the slightly more edgy Kellie Pickler, who seem content to sing songs simply about love, whether it be secret, unabashed or in one notable case, about shoes. I always feel that Miranda Lambert has simply experienced more in her life and regardless of whether she has or not, her mature and amusingly cynical take on things come through not only in her lyrics, but in the musical arrangements that accompany them.

In conclusion, I hate country music, but I rather like this.