on 21 January 2012
Background:
So i'm not on the Atkin's diet exactly, more like i'm on a very low carb diet. Nevertheless I still get severe cravings for chocolate and sweets and been looking at all the different fitness bars which have high protein and fiber but also very low starch/carb content. Then I found these which because of the polyols which are alcohol sugars, these do not count as carbs.

About the bars:

The science behind this is basically that the polyols, which are sweeteners, cannot be digested and therefore you do not put on any weight from eating them. The down side is that if you consume a lot of them they can produce a laxative effect simply because your body cannot process these sugars. In a way I found this a very good thing because this not only shows they are actually what they say they are but also because it prevents me eating the whole pack; though if you ease yourself into them, I've been able to consume 2-3 a day (replaced a meal) without seeing the laxative effect.

Taste:

The taste is very sweet but awful, I do not know how to describe it. They were able to get rid of my cravings but I didn't enjoy eating them. But do not let this put you off, if you are on the atkin's diet or on a low carb diet, the reason you'll want to eat these is because of those sugar cravings, and these bars get rid of those very efficiently.

Because they get rid of my sweet tooth cravings i've given them 3 stars, but if you're searching for flavors to buy, do not buy this flavor, instead try the brownie flavor as I have bought 2 packs of those already and really enjoy them and they're the exact same content as the peanut ones but just do not have an awful aftertaste.
on 18 April 2011
These Atkins bars are the best tasting diet friend in the world! You can never find this flavour in Boot s or any of the supermarkets so to be able to order a boxful is good - however I only eat one at a time! Honest!
on 12 January 2014
Got these for a low carb diet because of weight training - bought because of the protein and low glycemic index. Taste is almost there (i love peanuts) but the artificial sweeteners are of concern to me so I didn't eat many. I eat mostly whole food now which I have found to be far better for work out recovery, nutrition, digestive health etc.
on 1 October 2013
These bars are good for those on low carb/ketogenic diets. Taste wise they're nice, more peanut than caramel. They're not "true" to taste but close enough. They're extremely chewy and do take a while to eat. There's a funny after taste and they leave your mouth very dry so do consume these with a drink. Good enough to satisfy any cravings until your next carb up/cheat day.
on 20 January 2012
I have tried the second one and the taste is horrible. I guess it is one way to slow you down eating..

I will try a different type next time maybe one without hydrolysed collagen, the thought of skin and connective tissue does turn me off.
on 19 September 2011
Very nice taste and helps relieve sweet tooth cravings. I ate one of these every day on Atkins induction and my weight still came off. Recommended.
on 25 January 2012
Not too impressed with these bars, the texture is a bit like cardboard. The taste is ok but would be better if the nuts were chunkier, rather then ground down to almost nothing, which would give the bars a better texture and more bite. They taste a little bit like snickers, but you are rather overwhelmed by the taste of artificial sweeetners and the weird texture so they don't really compare to the real thing. The only good point is that they're very filling as they're twice the size of some of the other Atkins bars, so will keep you going in between meals.
Personally I would recommend the chocolate coconut bars, which are absolutely delicious and also the cappuccino nut bars which are great for breakfast.
Don't think I'll be buying these ones again.
on 27 November 2011
These bars are very good value, they cost over £2 each in Boots.
I liken their taste to snickers bars.
I eat one for breakfast and it fills me up from about 0700-1100.
Enjoy!
on 8 May 2012
Really impressed with this product. My husband and I are not overweight but decided to do induction and loose a few pounds before we go on holiday. These bars have taken the edge of any sweet cravings as in induction no fruit, nuts and sugar are allowed.

Would highly recommend, try just buying a couple to start to see if you like them.
on 28 August 2011
Very dissapointing not nutty like the american version I bought in NYC last month.
Nasty sticky texture. Shame as their other products are excellent.