Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 April 2011
I've just read the other reviews before I write this & wouldn't necessarily disagree with most thats been written, good & bad, so here's my view on it.

Firstly, I saw Xrayspex many many times in my punk days & I was at this particular Roundhouse gig a ouple of years ago & I enjoyed them all, perhaps for different reasons but had fun all the same.

So, upside, all the songs you'd expect were played, not that there was a huge back catalogue to draw on but anyone going would have heard pretty much anything they might have expected.

The atmosphere was great, the love, happiness & excititement all made for a genuinely electric buzz. I suppose what was missing was that air of danger in early punk gigs, not often you find it these days with the possible exception of fairly recent Specials & Stray Cats gigs t Brixton Academy.

Like any live CD DVD, these recordings don't give you a true idea of what the gig was like but is it enjoyable, yes, absolutely.

Anyway, Poly wasn't the same as she was 30 years ago, nor were most of the audience so why should she be? Having said that, the vocal performane & the way the band played was fairly raw, somewhat shambolic & unrehearsed, just how it should be & it added to the experience & certainly made me smile & I think it safe to say, most of the people ther had a bloody great night out, just likecwe did first time around.

If you are thinking of buying this, log on to youtube, listen to & watch a couple of songs & if you like it, buy it. Or if you are reading these reviews, just buy it anyway, you've come this far!

Poly, thank you & bless your heart for making my life more colourful.
on 31 December 2009
This was a birthday concert for me. I always liked X-ray Spex, but had low expectations for the gig. It was amazing!!! Why, I really don't know. But everything seemed right from the beginning. The crowd looked good. They looked happy. (Two peculiarities for the average London gig I attend.) And that was before the wonderful Poly came on. It was such a good concert I even snaked my way down to the front, or near enough, and pogo'd like it was 1979.

This is a great cd / dvd. Like Patti Smith, Poly Styrene's voice actually sounds a bit better with age. Buy it and remind yourself what a great bunch of songs X-ray Spex put out.

By the way, my phone fell out of my pocket whilst I was thrashing about. Did anybody find it? I guess it doesn't really matter. After all, that was what punk was all about - losing your mobile, but not caring. Wasn't it?
on 15 December 2009
I couldn't make the gig itself but when i saw the gig was being released on cd & dvd i new it was a must have and what a must have it is. Don't miss out on this one if you missed the gig like me relive every wonderful minute of this reunion (well Poly & Paul) I anxiously waited for the reunion at the 1996 Holidays in the Sun festival and all we got was some awful stand in for Poly. This is the real deal. The new members belt out the old numbers as good as they were first time round. What else can i say other than get a copy NOW!!!!
on 10 November 2009
I attended this gig and it was one of the best concerts i have seen, great support bands (Goldblade & Debutant Disco)and X-Ray Spex were stunning. I pre-ordered this cd/dvd pack soon as i saw the release and its a great. If you attended the gig its a great reminder of that night,,if you missed it then your get a feeling of how good they were. Will watch it over and over.
on 30 April 2011
Loved xray spex from the first time i heard them, collected all the cds once they came out, Its great to have a dvd of poly and the spex live, shame the nrg isnt there like it would have been back in the day but nice to see her sing the songs in a different way never the less! I hope they bring a dvd out of poly doing the songs live in the way we remember, but this is a must for any xray spex fan, and its great to see poly do the encore with her daughter at the end... I must also say the new album is fantastic just wish we could have seen her on dvd doing them track as a more mature artist.. RIP poly
on 11 November 2009
Like the previous reviewer, I was there on the night: not sure my ears have recovered yet. :)

Having loved their sole studio album for 30 years, it was amazing to see it performed live. Poly remains a unique musical wonder, and this DVD captures the feeling of this one-off event perfectly.

Buy it! :)
on 11 March 2010
...If you were in to x-rayspex the first time around, chances are you will still like em today.............the voice has held up fantasticly over the years and poly still sounds great :-)
on 24 December 2013
Excellent little package deal with CD, DVD and booklet with lyrics and photos in hard back case. Quick delivery as well, no problems.... Gary D
on 14 October 2013
As i like punk this product was right up my street. really enjoyed it and well worth the spending.Will continue to use the seller.
on 4 April 2013
An fab, a brilliant live album. Still sounds good.
I brought this for my husband as he was into them back in the day.