Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 January 2010
Santa dropped this down the chimney for me (2009) upon request, and what jolly great fun it is too! To my ears the 'Ace' label is very dependable indeed and if you fancy part of Saint Etienne to make a not-so private and personal compilation tape (or CD, as the case may be) for you whilst not being averse to some lesser-known oldies then this is a good place to start. This follows up 'the Trip' created by Saint Etienne which I also thoroughly enjoyed and I would also point you toward the even better and more eclectic (5*)'Tryptich' by part of Lemonjelly.
It is a little bit lighter on the soundtrack, sunshine pop and soul that manifested itself on 'the Trip' but still includes some superb tracks. What can I say; even Bill Oddie (yes, that's right, Bill Oddie) sounds great, so dive in!
on 22 February 2011
As with these types of music compilations I was not sure with S.E. present songs from the dog and duck. But as soon as I played the first few tracks it instantly gave me that feeling got from listening to the trip for the first time.
This CD has quite a few corkers on it which are worth further investigation.
If you liked Saint Etienne `The Trip' you'll love this...
on 7 May 2015
Great CD, quirky and different and very enjoyable. They play a lot of tracks from this CD on the internet radio station Kitten D'Amour Radio and I was thrilled to discover so many songs I had never heard before. If you enjoy Northern Soul and obscure recordings from the 1960s this is the CD for you!
on 5 February 2012
I've bought all the compilations bob stanley has been part of,and quite simply,they're all 5 stars. This particular collection,along with 'the trip',are the best of a brilliant bunch.
on 15 April 2016