Customer reviews

Drain Rod Plunger 4 inch

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 March 2016
I bought this for clearing the outside kitchen drain. I noticed that the last time we called out the drain chap that this was all he used on a short rod so thought I'd give it a try - after all it has to be cheaper than calling out the plumber every time the outside kitchen drain blocks! I had no problems in screwing this to the end of the 3 foot drain rod that I had bought for the purpose. I was slightly mindful that I must be careful when plunging not to accidently unscrew this whilst it is down the drain!
I just plunged it as I had seen the plumber do and the drain cleared. It just gets clogged with grease, soap powder etc and being an old house the drains aren't as large as perhaps they should be. This seemed to do the job I needed it to and a lot cheaper that it cost to get the plumber to do the exact same thing!
I don't know how this is for quality - it is the first of its kind that I have bought. However for the occasional (about yearly) use that I need it for, this plunger will no doubt last for years.
on 15 February 2017
EXCELLENT ITEM
on 23 April 2016
Does what it says it will, excellent.
on 20 August 2017
yep. its the screw kind.
on 7 August 2012
I was pleased to be able to buy this 4" plunger to fit to a single drain rod as this then becomes a really useful tool to unblock our kitchen drain outside. It was delivered very promptly too.
on 10 March 2016
Very poor quality. Doesn't use standard rod screw
on 22 May 2013
I purchased this to clear a blocked drain. It was easy to fit onto drain rods and also to use. Very good value for money.
on 14 March 2013
I bought this unit to replace an old one that had worn out.
It fitted my rods and does the job it was intended to do. Recommended
on 23 July 2013
this was just what I wanted fitted my rods and worked perfectly on its first outing. Make sure the screw is tight.
on 16 October 2013
Arrived promptly and fits my drain rods. I've used something similar in the past and this looks like a good equivalent, but I haven't yet used it. I think one would have to be very careful to ensure that it's attached tightly to the rod end and to follow the instructions to turn the rods in only a clockwise direction.