Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on 14 January 2011
I love the show, "The Vampire Diaries" and never miss an episode on ITV2, I would reccommend it to all "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" fans and fans of the "Twilight Saga" films.
Featuring all 22 episodes I was in my element watching this. However a few things stuck out to me like a sore thumb when watching the blu ray version.

The picture quality varies from shot to shot. You can be watching one scene with over the shoulder shots of two characters having a conversation and one shot will be perfectly crisp, to the point where you can see the pores in their skin, and then the next shot will be extremely fuzzy. It is mainly the nighttime shots (scenes where there clearly isn't much light) and due to the nature of the show, that tends to be pretty often.

Another star was also knocked off for sound quality. The menu of the DVD is quite loud in comparison to the actual show itself, and watching this with my usual perfect set up of a Playstation 3 and Sony 5.1 Surround Sound System, I had to turn it up at least 10 points higher than I would normally for any other blu ray/dvd, and I even watched it with English Subtitles because of this.

That being said I am really pleased that my brother bought this for me for Christmas. I enjoyed the extra features of deleted scenes (not HD quality) and the gag reel (seemed better quality in places than the show itself!). The audiobook was also an extra that I was pleased with as I didn't know about it till opening the booklet inside.
Talking of the booklet, as all four discs come in one blu ray case the mechanics are slightly bigger and creases the corners of the booklet, but I'm being rather fussy now...
I'm wondering if the dvd set might be better upscaled by my dvd player in comparison to the blu ray?

All in all a great set but maybe not worth the extra cash for the blu ray transfer. 3 STARS
on 30 August 2010
As someone who owns a big blu ray collection I was dissapointed with the blu ray transfer, outside well lit scenes are ok but its the dark scenes which let the transfer down. As the show contains lots of dark scenes I feel a bit cheated by thequality of this offering. Audio is nothing special, very quite in places.

On the plus side the set comes in a slim proper blu ray case with an episode guide booklet(which is a rarity these days for blu ray).
on 29 December 2010
Just a litle warning; there are no Danish subtitles on this release.
It is only English, Dutch and Swedish.
on 31 August 2015
Wanted to see what all the fuss was about. The writing in witty and fun. To my surprise the actors have grown on me. Really enjoyed it and I'm rooting for Damon!
on 18 December 2016
good
on 22 December 2010
I ordered this on the 13th and didn't get it til today the 22nd, I understand that It's been snowing and It's near christmas but my mom ordered the same and hers come the day after she ordered. I'm just glad I got it in time for christmas, very upset with the delivery process but I'm sure my nanna will love the DVD.