Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£0.99

on 4 July 2005
This is a great cd to fall asleep to. There are no birds or sharp sounds to wake you up. I have it on repeat all night every night, and it blocks out any noise from the flat upstairs, outside etc. I have never slept so well! Highly recommended if you get woken up easily!
on 29 August 2007
In my hypnotherapy practice I am often asked to recommend music for relaxation. This is nature at its most soothing. Pure ocean waves. Perfect for self hypnosis, breathing meditations, relaxation, drifting of to sleep.
on 30 August 2009
I live way out west. I travel in the train's quiet coach and used to spend my life quarrelling with people who were making 'just one quick phone call'. I bought an ipod and noise cancelling headphones and this, which is the only thing I have downloaded, and I keep it on loop. My life has changed. Against the soothing crash of waves, I can once again read and work. In the few seconds of silence as the cycle begins again, I sometimes hear a stir in the carriage around me. It is somebody else, quarrelling with someone about their noisy conversations or mobile phone calls. They should get sorted and buy this.
on 9 July 2011
A reviewer on here said there are no birds on this ocean waves CD so I bought it. WRONG! The demo also lets you hear only waves, which is misleading. This CD is only a 3 minute loop and there is a squawking seagull overhead in the first minute, another comes along in the second minute, which only leaves one minute of the CD with no annoying bird!! Such a shame as the waves are really lovely and had it not been for the annoying seagull, this CD would have been my favourite one of the 8 I already own, even though it's only a 3 minute loop, which is also a bit too repetitive for any looped soundtrack. Instead I have had to bin it as every time I was about to fall asleep, the annoying seagull would squawk again. May be ok for relaxing too, but I definately couldn't use it as I intended which is a sleeping aid. I will in future be wary of trusting the reviews.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 22 May 2015
Arrived in the time stated. This cd is exactly as described. It is 1 hour and 12 mins of the sound of the sea lapping a beach. There are no other sounds at all. I don't know what other reviewers were listening to but it was not this recording. There are no sounds of gulls or any other birds, and no sound of anything else, just the sea. It is very relaxing. A perfect background sound when relaxing in our beach hut themed conservatory. Even helps you drift off for snooze.
on 15 September 2010
I have quite a few ocean sound CD's that I use to help me sleep and I have to admit this one is one of my favourites, it isn't as loud as some of my other tracks, it is a very gentle ocean.

The entire download consists of waves just gently trickling on to the beach, theres no roaring tide, just gentle small waves, reminding me of a beach we regularly visit, a small beach (more like a cove surrounded by high cliffs) called North Landings at Flamborough near Bridlington.

I sometimes use this download to help me study as it so calming a gentle, I find my mind can focus on the job in hand better when this is playing in the background.
on 6 April 2010
One continuous track of waves hitting the shore. Exactly what I wanted. Not sure why the site has a section from a recording that has music in the background. Rest assured this CD is pure, uninterrupted ocean sounds, nothing else. Perfect.
on 6 June 2014
So disappointed I just listened to the download and it is not at all what I expected. No variety of waves just the same sound over and over and I want to relax it just gets on my nerves.
The CD is on it's way that will be one for the charity shop. I could not find a way to hear it well enough before I ordered it.
on 30 August 2016
Bought after reading positive reviews... but was disappointed - it sounds like a bunch of different wave recordings stuck together...so every successive wave sounds different - not exactly natural! Part of the calming charm of listening to the sea is the repetitiveness of the sound...with just subtle differences with every wave - I just found this annoying. Don't want to listen to it for long enough to verify other reviews' claims that it's a 3 minute loop.
on 30 October 2009
I work from home and like to have background music with no words (so I don't sing along). Ocean Waves is very soothing and relaxing, but I prefer when nature sounds are accompanied by music, e.g. Spanish guitars. Having said that I will be using the CD for meditation and yoga, and I can imagine it will be very suited for that.