on 29 May 2017
I have two Kristina Train albums, this one and Dark Black. Love them both.
on 19 October 2012
I recently fell for Kristina's voice and gorgeous arrangements when listening to 'Dream of Me' from her new album, Dark Black, but after having a quick listen to a couple of tracks from this first album knew that I had just had to get it; I have never been so excited to listen to a new CD. Despite the supplier taking 11 days to deliver this, I was not disappointed when I the music emanated from my hi-fi. This album has been played every evening - the tracks are gorgeous and rich and Kristina's voice is something I adore - so soulful and calm, yet rich with emotion of loves lost and loneliness. I've never been taken by a voice like this since I discovered Bonnie Raitt nearly thirty years ago; so it won't be long before I buy Kristina's latest release.
on 10 March 2015
I agree with Ian Johnston; this album isn't a patch on the follow up "Dark black". I get the impression on "Spilt milk" that they are trying to make the songs sound 'too black' and there is no need for that. She had a unique voice and not necessarily black sounding.
Was disappointed with this album. Something went very, very right by the time "Dark black" was released.
on 10 March 2013
I bought this on the back of Kristina's Dark Black album, which is incredibly beautiful. Spilt Milk is ok, as she is too good to sing anything badly, but the songs aren't as good and you get the impression, compared with DB, she was still finding her niche. For the dedicated.
on 26 September 2013
Although released a few years ago, I bought this album having been somewhat impressed by her latest album DARK BLACK. I was not disappointed. Shades of Dusty and the Brill Building femme songs and some great lyrics here. Played this most days in the car en-route to work. Amongst an array of stand-out tracks, DON'T BEG FOR LOVE is superb!
on 29 November 2012
Fantastic album can't stop listening to it . This lady will be a big star . Well recommended to buy
on 21 August 2015
I bought this a couple of weeks after hearing her second album, Dark Black which is amazing. Spilt Milk, whilst still showcasing Train's stunning voice is a little mediocre in the quality of the songs. OK for completists and if you need more of her voice, but the songs whilst well performed are fairly forgettable.

Cut to the chase and buy Dark Black instead...a beautiful, fragile, haunting and unforgettable album.
on 20 November 2012
So pleased I bought this cd the more I play it the more I like it !! bought on a whim savoured at leisure .
on 7 April 2015
A clear & beautifu voice. Haunting tunes and heartfelt lyrics. A great first album. Purchased, having 'discovered' the artist through her Second album 'Dark Black', I was not disappointed. Yes the maturity of voice & content that makes 'Dark Black' one of the top female soloist albums in my collection, is not fully developed here, but there is more than enough to satisfy & warrant repeated plays.
on 23 February 2013
I'd heard Kristina sining her recent release, Dream of Me, which I loved and eagerly awaited the CD. Imagine my disappointment to find that track wasn't on it! However, a quick download of the single soon corrected that problem. Now I've had some time to live with the album, I'm happy to say that it's grown on me and I like it