VINE VOICEHALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERon 22 August 2012
This has been the perfect purchase for my 90 year old father-in-law for whom I've just bought his first laptop (Toshiba Satellite C855-11F 15.6 inch Laptop(Intel Pentium B960 2.2GHz, 6GB RAM, 640GB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium). Although keen to learn, having never used a keyboard in his life and having no experience of 'new technology', it's all a different world for him, but this book is a clear and gentle introduction for him.

It's very clearly laid out, written in a very easy to understand style and explains everything - how to click a mouse, what files are, what the taskbar is and does and how to connect to the internet. It really is very simple and assumes absolutely no prior knowledge of computers so is perfect for a complete beginner and nervously apprehensive novice.

Having bought and set up laptops for other elderly relatives, I braced myself in anticipation of the phone ringing non-stop with a worried voice panicking at the other end. Instead, to my relief and surprise, his few queries have been sent via email and, largely thanks to this guide, he's learning quietly at his own pace with the book to guide him through and give him the confidence to enjoy it.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone, young or old, with no computer experience but who wants to learn. It's also good for anyone with an elderly novice friend/relative and not a lot of time or patience to deal with an endless stream of very basic questions!
on 20 July 2017
love this I go back to it if I need to do something I am not sure of sooooo easy
on 3 November 2014
I am nearing my latter years now in my 60s, though I would say that I'm not dim, it is nice to use this Windows 7 for seniors without a lot of jargon clouding your mind, I am very pleased with it & find things easier to understand, it's a great help & thanks for the speedy service.

Tony M-S
on 25 January 2017
Recommended for those still using Windows 7.
on 17 May 2015
I have recently changed to Windows 7 and am definitely a Senior. I have not read through the book but have found it useful when having problems in navigating round Windows 7. I have particularly found useful advise on Photography which is one of my main interests. I would certainly describe myself as a 'Dummy.'
on 24 April 2016
No use to me as I now have an Apple.!! Was not too helpful when I had the HP.
on 19 August 2013
I am very pleased with this book. I am only part way through it but so far I have found it easy to understand: thorough in detail:
step-by-step illustrations excellent and a superb reference book.

I am a real "senior" at 87 years old and although I already possessed 2 books similarly titled Windows 7 for the Over 50's - both in easy steps - neither were as good for me as Mark Justice Hinton's book.
on 2 February 2017
Fine
on 2 July 2014
What a helpful book - it explains everything very clearly - no more problems finding out 'how to do it'! This pensioner is VERY impressed.
on 29 September 2014