Size: 16GB|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:£54.99 - £89.50

on 28 January 2010
I purchased this card for my canon 5D mark ii, it has great speed and works a charm.

The most problems users have while filming with this camera is when they try to take a picture in film mode and the memory card stops filming where as this has no such problem due to the speed it has and does not slow down the camera at all.

I have transferred files between a firewire reader and my mac with extremely stable and fast speeds.

As to the card not failing i can only say i have been using sandisk sd cards for about 5 years now and have never had any fail.
on 12 June 2010
Bought for capacity and speed and, as expected, does both well.

I use it with my EOS 50D and it has no issues coping with 20MB RAW files at 6FPS.
on 9 March 2010
Excellent card and terrific value from this seller. Card needed by high end DSLRs particularly the new generation that have video capability. Not necessary for lower end DSLRs with a slow frames per second capability unless the price of the Extreme III and IV cards is similar. SanDisk 8GB Extreme CF Compact Flash Cards 60MBS - Retail Pack
I bought a canon 7d and found that my existing 16gb Extreme iii could keep up with either the high speed shutter or the 1080p video. The relatively new Sandisk Extreme is a fast memory card at a great price; using it in my Canon 7d I can shoot 1080p video for the 29 minutes the body allows. It also manages the 8 frames per second using the body;s high speed stills shutter. If you cant justify the price of the even faster extreme pro this is a good compromise. I only use sandisk memory cards having never really had an issue; have memory stick duo, sd, sd micro and compact flash cards. all are reliable; feel well made (had flimsy memory stick from sony once.)
66 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 May 2010
I bought this card to use with my sony a700.Amazon delivery as excellent as ever - arrived next morning!
I always shoot in RAW & this card can hold over 800 images at maximum quality. Since using this card I've never had any issues with buffer or card write time delays. For the price per Gigabyte ratio I think this card is unbeatable. A top product from a top brand at a great price - you won't be disappointed if you buy this card.
on 6 February 2010
Delivery was very speedy on standard post!!!

Forty odd pounds is good value for this 8GB 60MB/s card. However, my Canon 20D is no faster writing a burst of shots to card as the card is quicker than the camera!!!

This card stands you in good stead for upgrading to newer cameras in the future!
on 19 March 2010
Shooting RAW images or HD video is not really viable unless the card has a speed rating of at least 300X (i.e. 45 Mb/sec on a Sandisk Card). This 60 Mb/sec card works flawlessly, and at this price cannot be beaten. Although I have used other cards, I always come back to Sandisk for quality and reliability, and now that their pricing is more realistic, there is no need to consider unknown brands.
Update (June 2010)
This card failed (the first SanDisk card that I have ever had a problem with). Sent an email through the SanDisk website, and received an automated reply that asked the questions that had been answered in my original query. More automated replies followed, all absolutely unhelpful. So my advice is still to stick with SanDisk, as the products are pretty reliable, but remember that customer service (as with most large companies/organisations)is virtually useless!
44 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 November 2010
SanDisk Extreme 60MB/s with UDMA is evidently their latest range of CF cards, being faster than their Ultra II, Extreme III, and Extreme IV CF cards.

Even though this type of card is too new to be listed in the manual of the Nikon D700 Digital SLR Camera Body Only DSLR, other SanDisk (and Lexar) cards are, and this card works a treat in that camera. Note that the Nikon D1X etc can only use cards up to 2GB.

In the D700, an 8GB card has room for nearly 300 RAW files saved at the highest settings, or several thousand JPEGs.

In autumn 2010, costing about 35GBP, this card it is probably the best compromise between price, capacity and performance. The make has an excellent reputation for reliability.

For protection against forgeries remember to buy cards from reputable sources in trade packs. You can research this topic using internet search engines.
on 19 November 2012
This item was delivered and charged for swiftly enough but after a few sessions started to malfunction. My reader, a device that has read a dozen CompactFlash cards without any problem started registering a fault with the card. The files could not be seen or copied onto my hard drive. Various re-formats of the card did not solved the problem. So important were the first corrupted pictures that I had to spend 60 US dollars and lots of time purchasing and running recovery software.

I have sought replacement or a refund but so far the process has been unsuccessful. If that changes I will update. I would advise against trusting the supplier used by Amazon for this product, a company that sometimes calls itself Kompbay and other times Komputerbay. It gives no email address or phone number in its Supplier Info but offers these addresses:

Services Address:

LAWRENCEVILLE
Georgia
US
on 25 August 2010
What can you say about Sandisk, they are one of the leading makers of flash cards and almost all reviews give them 5 stars.
Only used this card a couple of times but I have 5 other Sandisk cards so that must tell you something.
Previous cards included a recovery disk which could be used if any problems cropped up with your card but I did not get one with this purchase so I guess they must have stopped supplying these. I Understand it is possible to download and use a recovery program from their web site once you have entered the appropriate activation key supplied with the card but this does have a time limit on it.
Should a card ever go faulty and you recover your photos NEVER USE that same card again. Or put another way always have a couple of spare cards with you.