Item Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: CLASSIC|Change
Price:£2.95+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 14 March 2012
I've been using this set recently for model boat building, drilling through hardwoods such as walnut, beech, mahogany etc; using a Dremel with flexi-drive attachment and 3-jaw chuck. No problems on the wood but if you whack the bits accidentally they bend fairly easily - this tells you about hardness - they aren't fully hard and so when drilling brass strip, blunt pretty quickly. Overall a good set for the price but only for moderate materials.
on 19 November 2011
Firstly i struggled to get the sliding lid off, and when i did , on checking the so called precision drills, found the smaller sizes did not even have points on them, so whenever you tried to drill, they just skipped around making a mess of even softish plastic, then to my disgust a drill just bent to 90 degrees with hardly any pressure applied.The larger sizes do seem to be ok, otherwise i would not have even given 1 star, found out later that there are some cheap copies of this drill set available, so i presume i ended up with one of them. Got similar set from modelzone although these are in imperial sizes,but are perfect!
on 24 November 2010
Bought to replace an existing set which had become lost/broken over the years, this set of precision drill bits drills small holes. Absolutely nothing wrong with it, could hardly be happier.
on 17 October 2013
I was very disappointed at my first use of one of the bits. I tried to drill a 1mm hole in a plastic box and apart from a lot of dust the bit made virtually no attempt to penetrate the material, I was pressing hard to get some sort of cut but after 2 minutes gave up. The majority of the pack are so small as to be useless as I have yet to source a chuck that could hold them. Good job they were cheap because that's just what they are.
on 12 October 2010
I needed the drills for modelling. They have proved to be just the job and I haven't even broken one yet
on 24 March 2016
Arrived in small package. Next day.
I was after a very small set of drills this is a Ideal set. 20p in all.
The container is the best I have seen, For the price.
It allows you to remove the drill one at a time when you need them , without losing any of the others.
They are so small dia, You can find the size of drill you require without any difficulty, The size is marked on the top of the box.
Do not drop them, The size is Not on the drills, to small.
They can be used on soft metal, I used them on brass Ok. I did not try them on Steel ,So I can not tell if they are hard steel bits.
But they worked for me. You can sharpen them. But make sure they do not get to hot.
on 1 April 2014
The smaller size drill bits are not particularly sharp and will bend extremely easily. The thicker sizes are not so bad, but in the box I got, about 5 of the thinner diameter drills were more or less useless. Given 3 stars because they are cheap and cheerful. I might contest the description that these are "precision"!
on 18 July 2011
When the box arrived, all the drills were at one end - I spent a happy few minutes trying to pick them up to put them in the right slots in the box. One magnifier, digital measuring guage and a pair of tweezers later, I managed to do the job and then I tapped the box and they all shifted around again.
Seriously, though the drills have done the job I wanted them for (drilling through veneers prior to scroll sawing internal shapes) and I couldn't be more pleased - they are best used in pin-vices as I quickly found that even a 4inch archimedes drill was to brutal - a good set and worth the money.
on 6 September 2014
When they say micro they mean it, smallest bit is a mere 0.3 and the largest 1.6. The box contains 20 drill bits with each in it's own slot which is marked with the size. The lid slides off to access the bits but to get to the largest you have to remove the lid completely, it would have been more practical to slide the lid the other way but the lip stops this, if you buy theses drill bits you will see what I mean. Take care when opening the box as the smallest bit is about the thickness of a human hair and 20mm in length. These micro drill bits are ideal for modelling or jewelery making can also be used for circuit boards. I have used the drill bits with an archimeadean drill, I wouldn't recommend using a power drill and if you intend using a hobby rotatory drill like a Dremel then I recommend the lowest speed possible. I haven't broken the few bits I have used so far (fingers crossed) but as they are so thin then I expect to break a few of them.
did you know that in Germany it is illegal to mention the year 1966 at any football ground
on 16 August 2016
Absolutely useless, i bought 2 sets in the hope of getting a usable .5mm drill but the smaller sizes here are not drills at all, just fluted bits of steel. put them under a magnifying glass and there is no cutting edge or rake. Just cropped off square fluted metal rod. I tried to drill plastic my hand and no chance. I have had these in the past marketed as Microbox and they have worked but these under the toolzone banner are useless.
review image