on 13 October 2012
I looked at many bike computers and eventually chose this one. After reading hundreds of reviews for many different computers I felt this was the best scored one and did everything I needed. I advise buyers not to get too hung on functions such as temp, wind speed etc I think if u want everything then you need to spend serious pound to get a good one. This one does the basics very well and looks great. A proffesional design and very clear display makes it look amazing on my racer. It comes off the cradel very easily aswell. Very easy to install with no tools. Uses bands which I was aprehensive about at first, but havent budged since I fitted it.

PROS - looks great, competitive price, does what i needt it to, easy to install
CONS - none

Would recommend this product, hasnt let me down yet after my 6th ride. Dont be fooled by much cheaper ones, these seem to give bad readings of 70mph on stationary roads, £15 - £20 and a quality name is needed.
22 Comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 August 2012
This is the third Sigma bike computer I've bought, it's quite a bit cheaper than the others with fewer functions available, but ideal for my purposes - it's for my second bike. All I want when out and about is distance travelled and speed etc. This little beauty does all these and more, and is very easy to set up - mind you I'm used to the rather cookie manuals by now, so if this is your first purchase of a Sigma computer, you may find it a wee bit tricky to start with, but do persevere as it's very intuitive to use once set up. Assuming your tyre circumference is listed, it's a 10 minute job to attach and you're away - if your tyre isn't listed, you'll have to get the trusty inch tape out to accurately calibrate it so you will have true readings when on the road. Have some cable ties available when fitting to secure and tidy the wire between the sensor and the display.

In short a great little computer at an excellent price - happy to recommend.
on 4 May 2013
There are cheaper cycle computers around but this one seems fairly well made and is certainly good value for the price. There are clear instructions in English as well as the usual strange diagrammatic ones and I had no problems fitting it. I would recommend getting some cable ties rather than the supplied 'O' rings for attaching the computer itself and the sensor unit. You can also use them to make a tidy job of securing the cable. I had to fit the sensor quite a long way down the fork to get within the required 5 mm gap between it and the bit that goes on the spoke but I cannot see any problem with that. Unless you have strong young hands some radio pliers or something similar will be useful for fitting the bit that goes on the spokes. Setting up and operating the device is initially a bit confusing, but no more so than with any other small electronic device like this. I have only used it once so far but it seems to work perfectly and went up to almost 20 mph quite happily.
on 26 July 2012
Big, easy to to read digits, sunlight no problem, not bothered by the rain, easy to remove and attach. Measures accurately and consistently. Installation was little tricky - getting the magnet onto the spoke took some muscle and coordination, but it has stayed put. Docked a star since they really should have included some cable ties, both for attaching the device and for cable.
on 15 January 2012
Follow the instructions and both the installation and operation are simple. The large and clear characters make the display easy to read in any daylight condition. The mounting bracket for the sensor is designed to fit a curved section fork leg. The back of my forks are flat so I padded the bracket out with some soft silicone cut from an old phone case. I mounted the sensor quite high up on the forks and have had no problem with signal detection and the automatic stop/start feature. This is reassuring as I've read reviews of other makes that indicate they have problems unless the sensor is mounted towards the hub. Its' been out in the rain and sub-zero (just) temperatures without any problems. The setting up was straightforward and so is the re-setting for a new trip. Well pleased.
on 23 November 2011
Had this for almost a year now, in fact just changed the battery. It tells you when it's low.
By the way it does not lose your settings when you change the battery either :-) But you do have to reset the clock.

Its one of those things that if it's working right you just don't notice it.
Anyway this little gem does everything i ask, i did not want cadence, blood pressure, inside leg measurement etc, i wanted an accurate speedo, a clock, an ODO, a trip and time reading and an overall time reading, this does all that.

If you want a simple good looking quality cycle computer buy this!
on 20 November 2011
When it works, this computer is fine. Unfortunately I've found that it requires constant fiddling with the position of the sensor unit to get it to communicate with the display unit on the handlebars. Just when you think you've got it set up just right and working reliably, the next time you go out for a ride the speed indicator just flashes at you to say it's not picking up a signal from the sender. The kit is supplied with the battery installed in the sensor, but not in the display, which seems odd. I'll change the battery in the sensor on the off chance that it had been sat on the warehouse shelf for some time and is low, but if that doesn't work, I'll be binning this and buying something more reliable.
on 1 February 2014
I use sigma comp on my Brompton and every year, the cable snaps at the handle bar dock. Ok, I fold the bike every day, sometimes several times, but I've left enough of a loop so that the cable won't be pulled. But each year, it snaps. Noticed the cable is not great quality, it stiffens with age and exposure to heat and cold.

The comp is pretty basic but plenty reliable, and battery lasts for ever.
on 1 December 2013
This is the second Sigma cycle computer I've bought. I had the first for three years with no problems until it fell off the handlebar and got run over several times. That was my fault for not fitting it properly however, even though it was badly damaged and cracked it was still working. Unfortunately, it didn't look very good anymore so I bought another.
on 30 December 2013
Time will tell about the reliability but so far I am very satisfied. The manual explaining the set up could have better but after viewing the instructions on you tube all was clear. The unit is not designed for a mountain bike where the gap between the sender and received exceeds 5mm. I was able to adapt a bracket from a cycle D lock to support the receiver and get the right gap. The sender is designed for narrower spokes so is not clamped securely but I still get a read out. Easy to get read and to reset the values.