on 29 July 2012
The lock itself is good, very tough and mechanism is good but the bracket for the bike is not so good. If you attach it to either the upright below the seat, or the diagonal on a standard bike the lock flops to the side, catching during pedalling, and gets worse when going uphill because of the weight. If you up it on the main horizontal section, due to the weight it will come loose from the catch and fall off, especially under heavy pedalling.

Luckily I tend to carry a backpack with me when I go out and this is where the lock will now be staying.
22 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 January 2012
Sturdy and unlocks easily. In the picture the bars look thinner than other u-locks, but they are quite thick, the same as the last u-lock I had which was much more expensive. The mounting clip is nice, but not rattle proof.
on 18 February 2014
Over the months the lock became more and more stiff. It has now reached the point where, despite being taken good care of, the lock refuses to work at all, resulting in the warping of both keys. Luckily the lock finally died while not enclosing the bike. I might have received a faulty one but be warned! I cannot recommend this.
on 7 August 2012
Only a tenner and very strong lock happy with it and is perfect for my bike

best ive seen and double the price in bike shops
on 6 March 2015
Never write reviews, but this time's an exception. The lock has been an awful choice since the first day I purchased it. The very first day I purchased it, the mechanism for keeping the lock attached to the bike while riding broke off.

I didn't mind this too much and kept the lock in my backpack while riding. Later on, what happened is that -- as the other reviewers mentioned -- the lock became very stiff. In England, I think this is particularly a problem because of the cold weather. You put the key in the lock, try to unlock, but only with extreme effort/jiggling the key does the lock have mercy and unlatch.

Very unsatisfied. Going to try to get my money back.
on 11 January 2016
I left bicycle in an insecure place for a long time. They tried to break the lock and torn plastic parts (including holder) but were unsuccessful. Highly recommended
on 27 May 2014
Over time the lock became more and more stiff and eventually just seized up. Luckily I was able to get it off a final time but I've now disposed of it.
on 26 April 2014
Nothing special, just a D-lock.
Good product. Have been working well so far

Recommending it, if you need one.
Price is ok too.
on 6 March 2015
Lock very good value for price. Someone tried to steal my bike as I left it overnight on the bus stop. Lock survived attack...
review image
on 14 October 2016
I found this lock a bit difficult to attach to the bike as I could not figure out which way to put it. In the end found it, by trying out multiple ways. It is also quite big so you have to be careful the lock does not touch the back wheel or the pedals. Make sure the feet don't touch the lock while cycling.
The good thing about it is that it easily detaches from the clip on the bike with a push button.
Comes with 2 keys.