on 3 March 2013
I was quoted about £80 to replace the rear cassette on my bike, I bought this for under a fiver, and removed the cassette easily. I also purchased a chain whip with a new 8 speed cassette all for under £20. So have a go yourself, and save money.
on 11 December 2012
It works
It is much cheaper than big brand versions.
It feel like it will last a lifetime.
Combined with an adjustable spanner it will allow you to replace the cassette on shimano hg wheel.
on 21 September 2011
I wanted to know if this would be a good fit and of good enough quality for repeated use. Turned out to be fine on both counts.
on 27 January 2012
This does exactly what it says it does and is of reasonably high quality. However, I'd like to see a version with an insert for a torque wrench.

I had to buy a 26mm socket to use with it, which surprisingly wasn't that easy as all of my local car parts / DIY stores only stocked 24mm or 27mm. Luckily I ended up finding some in a Swedish hardware chain store with the initials CO.
44 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 June 2013
This is a very good product for those passionate about their bike and are not afraid in taking on repairs that are generally difficult but this little tool will definitely simplify the tasks ahead. Love it!
on 27 February 2012
Good price.
1 star knocked off as it is not a tight fit in cassette locking ring, but still worked ok undoing and tightening it up.
on 25 June 2012
I just ordered one of these little devices, the quality was very good, looks like it would stand up to wear and tear, the only problem was it would not fit into my cassette. I have various modern cycles with Shimano gears, so naturally assumed this was the one for the job, but it is just slightly too big. I assume, like metric and imperial there must be another size out there somewhere.
on 24 February 2015
Good quality tool and does the job, you need a 1''AF/1/2'' square drive socket to fit it if you want to use a torque wrench for fine tuning, but that is no problem.
Very good quality cassette removal tool ... Works a treat with my Shimsno HG50 gear.

I was lucky in that I had the correct sized socket, but my large adjustable wrench would have done the job too.

It will only get used once or twice a year, and with care should last years.
on 4 November 2013
Like most people attempting to remove a rear wheel cassette I'm fairly apt with bikes but by no means a bike technician, I don't know what the MF HG20 stands for on my wheel but with the limited info available on here (and a life too short to research everything) I thought my wheel and this thing would fit like a glove. They don't, my heart bleeds, I've ordered the park tool one and will update this review when it arrives (the park tool HG cassette remover currently takes over a month to arrive though)

It must be noted that it's an old (around 30 years) second-hand Raleigh racing bike and the wheels are probably originals, still it would be sensible to have a better description on here with a little list of compatible models etc.