on 26 June 2015
Its a beast, for the money. Annoyingly the seller put the price up by £10 just before I purchased it, then went back down about 30 minutes later. That aside, it's worth it just for the infinite reverb. I dont even use the switch, just dial the reverb time to full, and you can add extra sounds to it too. (If you want to use it for ambient etc)

The plate verb is the smoothest i'd say, with room being second. The other verbs are fun but I dont have a lot of use for them at the moment.
Theres definetly "artifacts" in all of the reverbs - theyre not totally perfect. But twist the damping dial back a few degrees and its less noticable. Way smoother than I expected for the money still, it's a great bit of kit and I'm well pleased with it!
on 20 May 2015
Constantly in use paired with my Korg Monosynth. I love the various settings which are easy to navigate and tweak. It took some time to master the appropriate knobs to create the different effects I was after but I now find it easy to use. I don't use it for Guitar being mostly an analogue synth person, so I wanted it to add a nice live performance sound to smooth the screaming synth noises a bit. Having the left/right stereo input is handy for synth gadget users because you can mix in two channels from different synth gadgets if required.

It has basically allowed me to add a dreamy smoothness to my synth mix sound and the solid metal build is great. I use it by hand rather than foot in my setup and the rock solid buttons are easy to press. However in the synth mix I mostly just use the different presets and leave the tempo / bypass buttons alone.
review image
on 6 May 2016
Just bought the pedal and I wish I could upload a video of the audio! Here is my issues. For £170 noop it should not crash when I strum loudly. I used the power adaptor that came with it and when I strum soft it works fine. As soon as you strum loud it crashes and freaks out making a loud noise of mess.
Googled the problem and others have had this issue but it was their power supply that was the problem so I changed supplies and the same happens, If I plug in a distortion pedal with this one as well as soon as I strum gently the pedal crashes. Not a happy man at all, gutted to be honest
on 31 July 2015
The ehx cathedral is a brilliant reverb unit for the roland tr8 drum machine, sadly after a few hours use the mains adaptor died due to a split in the power adaptor cable contacted hot rox music Monday night, and by Tuesday they emailed to say they were sending a replacement adaptor out which arrived the day after. So thankyou hot rox music for a quick response, the unit produces some fantastic reverb sounds very glad I bought it.
on 17 December 2012
This pedal almost immediately became central to my playing. Always enjoyed reverb but the clarity and spaciousness of the sound of this is brilliant. There's a several different reverb models, plate being my favourite, which range from straightforward spring reverb to flange reverb and echo. Really easy to set up and modify as you go to. I also use this as a basic delay on the echo setting which works really well for me, the tap tempo being particularly useful. You can dial in infinite reverb but more usefully which isn't necessarily immediately apparent is the hold button for infinite reverb which can be a lot of fun and turns out to be surprisingly useful.

Haven't tried it in stereo so can't comment on that but one of the best reverbs I've used.
on 17 March 2015
Solid casing with strong foot switches.Outstanding Verbs wich lets your artistic flare to ignite 😎
I am in the process of building a soundscape pedal board and now looking for delays to match the Cathederals quality.
on 20 June 2014
Fab huge reverb sound also gives nice compressed sound on clean amp channel and some interesting sounds to explore with the Flerb setting!
on 9 September 2016
Absolutely stunning piece of kit. Arrived quickly, extremely happy with this pedal and the sellers service.
on 9 May 2015
Just what I was hoping and at a great price. Delivered very quickly, recommended.
on 17 February 2016
Love it, haven't even scratched the surface on what this thing can do.