on 22 May 2010
it solved my problem to connect the transmitter to the camera (alpha 300), to command the studio flashes. Really cheap and reliable.
on 9 June 2011
Used to connect a Sony a330 to Nikon Speedlight SB80. DO NOT use it for old-flashguns for film cameras.... you will probably fry the camera's internal electrics as the old flashguns used a different signal for trigger. If you have older flashguns, use an optical slave triggered by the pop-up (unless at a wedding when your slave will provide light for every other camera too and flatten the battery before you set-up!). This is not really a substitute for a dedicated flash, it is a work-around to cope with Sony's non-standard hot-shoe for those of us with other manufacturer's accessories

Does NOT seem to support any internal connections or enable TTL, so don't expect a speedlight to detect aperture, ISO and distance.... if you want that, get a Sony flash or a Nikon camera! Also, don't expect it to prevent the pop-up flash from popping-up. This is purely a trigger connection. Set your camera to M (Manual) with the internal pop-up flash turned off. Set the speedlight to Manual and dial in the settings you want. Now use the aperture to adjust the exposure. Speedlights are superb flashes with loads of potential beyond this, but every photographer should experiment in manual mode to become familiar with the effect of a powerful on-camera flash. Get familiar with the effect flash has upon DoF and filling shadows.

Locks well onto the camera, speedlight locks well into the adaptor. The extra few cm of height above the camera has a real benefit when using a longer lens. Also supports cable-sync.
on 18 March 2011
Has coupled Sony Alpha A200 with Speedlite YN560 flashgun to great effect. Reassuring 'clunk' when attaching and easy release button. Not much more to say: if you need to connect standard accessories to Minolta/Sony hot-shoe fitting, then get one!
on 22 June 2012
Anyone with a Sony, having annoyences with studio lighting. (My personal experience - Bowens) This is a must! I am now able to plug the Bowens supplied sync lead straight into my camera! Great purchase and so glad I bought the right thing! p.s I had originally got wireless triggers-didn't work. Highly recommend for anyone in a similar situation!
In addition I noticed that there was lack of information online when it came to helping out with the not so straight foward
(unlike canon and nikon) situation of getting the studio flash to be in sync with the shutter on the sony.
After many attempts I worked this out, I assume most will be able to achieve the same through trial and error but if not please contact! (if thats possible on here)...
on 30 March 2011
I have a Sony A100 but could not use it with studio flash lighting as the camera's built in flash uses a pre flash which prematurely triggers the studio flash units. The Sony camera hot shoe is not compatible with the Canon type wireless triggers used the camera club I attend. This Hotshoe Adaptor allows me to use the clubs Canon type wireless triggers and works fine. It is an inexpensive way of solving this problem. The unit is nicely made and is robust, delivery was next day even by second class post so hence top five stars are very much deserved.
on 6 May 2011
Superb little adaptor and a must for Sony users. We know that Sony make the best camera and lenses, of course, goes without saying but their one weakness is the flash system which is different from everyone else's. With this adaptor you can mount your Sony flash on any bracket or stand and use your Sony flash on other camera. I own a Lumix LX3 and a Fuji s9500 and my Sony flash will now work on these as well.
on 13 July 2011
Bought this for my Sony Alpha 200 to use with a Vivitar 550fd flash.
Works perfectly, triggers the flash in time. Does not prevent the camera's flash popping up but that can be disabled. Exactly what I needed as an alternative to buying a Sony flash.
on 12 February 2012
I used it to interface my Sony A450 DSLR with Pocket Wizard transmitter during a 4 hours long studio shooting. No problem. As good as easy to use.
on 6 September 2016
There are many things I like about the Sony A330 - but the eccentric hotshoe is just plain annoying.
This solidly-made hotshoe adapter lets me fit third-party flashguns, and has a sync socket so that I can attach a slave-unit when I am feeling ambitious.
I fits well, it locks well, and unlocks easily. And it works. Which is everything I need.
on 2 July 2013
After reading many reviews about a Macro LED light which I purchased one of the reviews said if you are going to purchase this Macro light for Sony Camera that I would need an adapter so I ordered it straight away via BV-electronic and it arrived very well packaged and a fast delivery. I would recommend my friends to check this site out.