VINE VOICEon 6 September 2010
I have used the Greeting card Factory pack for some years,and found it very good and easy to use,I am not too sure if I would up date by buying another more up dated pack as too little changes,and what does change they normally download on to your site anyway.There are quite a few such companies who produce similar packs but having worked my way through most of them I find the Greeting Card Factory by far the best as their drawings are far superior to other card etc.making kits.Also one of the big pluses is the fact one is sent a 'book' of instructions,(very easy to follow)infact it is so simple that one is up and running immediately.After a little practice one can soon learn the more complicated suggestions.
The only thing I do find rather annoying is for instance when trying to print off lables,the British lable sizes are not the same as the suggested lable sizes in the U.S.A.for which the pack is designed.But after working on that for a while I found that buying A4 stickyback paper one can cut the lables to size for one self once they are printed.
I have not bought Cards of anykind be it Christmas or birthdays ever since I have had these packs.The initial outlay on such a pack is not cheap but the savings allowing for heavy weight card or even photo paper is still very worthwhile.Apart from being able to make individual cards or running off a hundreds of the same card at Christmas time,resipiants seem to enjoy receiving a specially made card almost as much as a small gift.
11 people found this helpful
on 25 November 2010
I already had version 3 and I use it all the time, for cards, work (in primary school, my husband's business cards and for my kids homework projects. Brilliant program, so I thought I would up date it to version 8 now that I have upgraded to windows 7. Program hasn't changed a great deal, still easy to use but it is not compatible with the graphics disc that came with version 3! I contacted the manufacturers to see if there was a way round the problems but they said 'no, sorry'. I am now resorting to keeping V3 on the laptop and V8 on the pc, but this is only because I am stuck with it now I've paid £20 & feel I should use it. If you want a program that is easy to use then buy this but if you have an older version then don't bother to update, it's really not worth it.
5 people found this helpful
on 15 November 2010
I was really looking forward to my new product. I have three earlier versions and was very pleased with the new improvement on version 3, 5, 7. I really don't know what happened with version
I am not pleased with the way it directs you to print. When I created a card I could print `Front/back' and then the `centre/inside' version 8 is totally different and I have not been able to print one item since I purchased it and installed it on my computer. Needless to say, I removed it. I am wondering what I should do with it now, sell it on, then some else may have the same problem and there again may be not. I am very disappointed. Can anyone help?
2015 I bought a new computer and I was unable to load it to my computer. the only problem now is.. what the h*ll do you do with it!! I want an up to version, but I am a little scared of wasting money this way
One person found this helpful
on 10 March 2013
This Greeting Card Factory8 is excellent!!! I've wanted it for some time, having 3 previous versions, but Avanquest stated it would not work on Windows7 or above. However I needed a new laptop (which has Windows8) I took a chance & it works perfectly - I can even access saved files from previous versions. I love GCF & think it's good value for money if you know how to use it - not only as a card program but also as a graphics program. I push it to the limits (what if?) with very interesting results! It's major failing for me is the fact that files cannot be saved in other formats eg JPEG, PNG etc, so manipulated images can only be used in GCF.
on 7 May 2013
Purchased this product for my wife who is a keen card maker. But what a let down. 1st. It has to be the slowest most painful installation I have ever had the misfortune to buy. It takes for ever.

2nd Content: The content relies hugely on clip art which at best is a bit naff. There are some and only some decent cards, and some glaring omissons. For instance type in *Wedding Day, and you get a poor clip art picture of a cake. Sorry but if you are a serious card maker, spend your money on something else with better graphics, take a look at Squizzy Cards for brilliant graphics and design.

*Having looked again I have found some more wedding cards by going into special events and scrolling down until I found them, so why put in a search facility that doesn't work? Trying to be very fair, but still think my money would have been spent elsewhere
on 31 May 2012
Its fun to use and very easy, but has some very annoying bugs. Sometimes it won't let you select an item or position it correctly. You have to close the program, re-open it and try again.
The worst bit is when you try to select a photo from a folder it shows up to a limited number of thumb nails, while gobbling up memory and then stopping. Trying to select a picture gives an `Out of Memory' error. I have a Core i5 with 4MB running Windowns64bit.
I looked into this and found the bug had been reported back in April 2011, but they have not fixed it and looks like then no intention of doing so. Then will probably fix it in the next edition whenever that is.
Very disappointed and now have ordered a copy of Hallmark Card Studio.
on 19 November 2010
This application has good selections of cards for all occasions and good sentiment verses to insert which can be altered to suit. However the graphics can't be pasted to other applications, which I knew before purchase. I found the picture cards will not accept any of my photos and I am in contact with their help line but the person trying to sort it doesn't seem to have the answer and I am still awaiting to see if he will get back to me on that. Other than that, the application, although very slow to installed on my PC, Windows 7, caused no other problems.

Julie Yorkie
on 1 February 2012
I am retired, and was looking forward to making a hobby out of greating cards, but found that the "Greeting Card Factory Deluxe" far from easy.Friends and family have tried to, but all failed to understand the instructions, even after following the help manual, We thought maybe this version is an advanced one, but it did state "Very Easy " on the box. It doesn't give any sizing options. A4 was the only size of card that the software allows to print.
I am very disappointed in this product.
One person found this helpful
on 20 June 2018
Brilliant programme but unfortunately dosn't work on a MAC computer, so looking for another card making software that does.
on 16 January 2013
This purchase is an update to a previous issue of GCF which has been extensively used. Offers a vast selection of cards which can be printed straight away or personalised and adapted to suit your needs. Covers all occasions and has a vast library of clip art images and sentiments to choose from, as well as templates, and photos can be imported and used too. I have not bought a greetings card in over 12 years because I can use GCF software to create exactly what I want to give.