on 5 November 2017
This 52mm UV(C) lens, purchased for a Panasonic FZ200, does appear to offer a sharper edge and less haze when viewed through the eye. I am sure this will benefit photography when in warmer, dryer climes most as more haze and higher UV penetration. Interesting to see also on an early sunny morning how it looks. As normal comes in a hard HOYA case which is always handy. Lens is screw threaded internally and externally. Personally I would not consider this lens a protector lens as others have suggested. I use a '52mm HOYA protector lens pro-digital' which now screws on to the UV(C) to protect that too.
on 2 October 2015
First rule when buying a new photographic lens: buy a suitable UV filter.
This is not because UV light is hazardous or that it adversely affects image quality - a filter is simply an extra layer of glass between the precision optics of your lens and the outside world. Should dust, grit, moisture salt spray or scratches damage a filter, it can be replaced easily and cheaply whereas lens repairs can be ruinously expensive.
Your lovely new lens deserves this simple precaution.
You know it makes sense.
on 11 September 2013
On the recommendation that these UV filters were, if nothing else, a great way to protect your lens, I purchased the Hoya 37mm UV(C) filter for my new Olympus PEN E-PL3.

These are my thoughts:

1) At first I thought there was no glass in the disc because it was so clear. Impressed!
2) It fitted the thread perfectly on my M.Zuiko lens. It did not stick or cross-thread. Beautiful engineering!
3) When I took a sample photograph of the sky and garden, I am sure the colours were more natural and the definition slightly better with the filter attached.

Whether you think a UV filter is necessary or not, I have to say that Hoya made a good impression on me with this first example of their products. I will definitely put my trust in buying their filters again if I need another. What more can I say? Quality.
on 13 September 2014
I seem drawn towards Hoya filters they certainly protect your lens from getting damaged and of course cut out some flare. They will not make a poor lens great whilst a Hoya Circular Polariser Filter might. I have the circular Hoya Polariser also and take the UV filter off when I fit that to avoid stacking filters. Most of my shots are beach shots in bright reflecting conditions.
The screw threads and the optical quality of the Hoya filters are high standard and thin. You will not go wrong with this brand. I've taken around 5,000 shots with these filters on and fantastic results.
on 27 March 2016
Just bought a new lens and the filter purchase was made more to protect the lens than reduce UV light. The thread of the filter screwed on to the lens first time without incident so definitely fit for purpose. The filter had no dust or scratches on either front/rear surface and overall good value for the money. The outer case was somewhat tarnished but I put that down to the plastics used in manufacture/production and although a bit unsightly the case has no effect on the filter contained within so no big deal. Considering the the cost of this filter in comparison to the many others on the web I would have no hesitation in purchasing again...should the need arise.
on 19 June 2016
Good budget filter. UV filters are not really needed for modern DSLR lenses, but this will serve to protect the lens from scratches/smudges without significant image deterioration. Obviously with an expensive lens a higher quality filter is preferable, but for budget lenses this is an affordable option & much better quality than similarly priced filters.
One person found this helpful
on 27 July 2017
Have on a Nikon 80-200mm f2.8, fits well and looks like it will last. Mainly attached to just protect my lens from being abused too much !
One person found this helpful
on 11 February 2013
I like Hoya products, and have never found them to be anything but first class, this is no exception, protects the lens, and that is its main purpose for me, get this if you get a new lens, cause its cheaper to replace this than the £500+ for a new lens, all my lenses have a Hoya UV filter on them, would not go without!!

Further to this using this permanently on my lens, it is a great protector and causes no problems in colour quality or sharpness, its big test will be the Australian Desert in a couple of weeks time, but not expecting anything other than the excellent protection it provides, I have also used it in conjunction with a Polarizer Filter and again no loss of quality etc. so again my recommendation is to buy, this works!
on 11 July 2017
I use this for nightclub photography to keep my L series lens protected from the front. It's relatively slim (I've only ever seen one thinner filter to be fair) and does the job I want it to do. It's reasonably priced too I think.

Never been disappointed by Hoya so would highly recommend if you are looking for something to protect your pricey lens.
on 24 May 2018
Came quickly we just use it for protection, screws on fine no complaints other than we found it hard to clean sometimes but may be due to the quality of glass. Feels good and looks good