Item Package Quantity: 1|Change

on 5 December 2009
This personal alarm is brilliant! It is more expensive than some others, but well worth it, as it does not accidently activate like the cord types, which can be embarrassing in public and it is also louder than most. It hurts your ears, and that of your would-be attackers.
You can attach a lanyard to it, which is handy, as I just slip it over whatever im wearing. Makes me feel much safer when walking around at night.
Also the product arrived quickly from this seller.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 7 October 2012
The device is small and light. I got the black version for £7.
It only works when you press both sides at the same time and it can only be stopped by pressing the small button at the end. Useful and adds a bit more to the safety; given the fact that pepper spray is not legal here.
I used it for a bit and then I gave it to my mother, but I'm not sure how much she uses it. She's a bigger fan of the pepper spray since back home it is legal.

If you didn't find my review sufficiently clear and informative or if you have any questions about the item, please comment on this review and I'll make sure I answer all your questions. Thank you very much :)

Kind Regards
on 16 August 2013
I'm a female delivery driver so I keep this attached to my person at all times. It's small and discreet, I attach it to a carabiner which I then attach to my work trousers. I feel reassured knowing that I have this easily to hand if I should ever need it, and can't even see that I'm carrying it. I've purchased this three times, since I have it on my hip it can take a battering when I walk into things (often). The first one's side buttons broke off after a worthy amount of time. The second one's loop snapped leaving it likely to fall off my carabiner. Third one is still in excellent condition after I've tried to take more care of it. I will buy again when/if this one diminishes.
on 23 November 2013
I chose this personal safety alarm for two reasons.
Firstly, the size is small enough to fit in the palm of you hand and any pocket with practically no weight. This feature has held up in use.
Secondly, I didn't want a 'pull pin out' that set off easily. With this alarm the two sides push in instead.
Having used it about 20 times when out walking at night, I've set off the alarm accidentally about 5 times, all of which were when I was twisting, turning or bending with it in my pocket.
The product is quite loud and easy to reset however I would have preference to a model not quite so easily set off in error.
on 29 January 2013
The personal alarm only arrived yesterday and is already in use. I was mugged last week (by 4 youths who also searched through my pockets) and have been scared to walk home since. Clutching this alarm in my hand makes me feel brave again. It is so good I am going to order another for my daughter.
on 4 August 2013
I bought this alarm for my daughter who has just moved to London. It is very slim and light, and fits easily into the smallest handbag. It makes a very piercing noise when activated and I think she will actually use it and walk with it in her hand if going home alone in the evening. Much easier to use than one where you have to pull out the pin to activate. I feel better knowing that she has this device with her.
on 16 January 2012
This is a very handy device to have in a pocket or bag. Ear-splitting, attention catching sound. Hope I never need to use it in a real situation but am reassured by having it with me whenever I'm out.Sure Elite Cordless Alarm - Black.
on 9 February 2013
I bought this for my mum. She was looking for an easy-to-trigger panic alarm for her to hold while she is out on her post-dinner walk. She used to have one of the other types where you have to pull cord but didn't feel safe with that, she wanted something she could use with one hand. She is much happier with this one, it activates easily (but not so easily you will trigger it by accident) and is very loud. I wouldn't describe the sound as ear piercing, but this little gadget packs enough of a punch that it would scare off most attackers. Well worth the low price.
on 20 June 2016
having lost my original pull cord unit I bought a couple of cheap units with the pull cord but find that they frequently go off in my pocket by mistake as the cord works loose and also they are not very loud compared with the original unit. So I thought I'd try this. So far I am impressed. It is very loud and it lives in my pocket, so far without a sound. It is easy to operate, both on and off and definitely a huge improvement over others I've tried.
on 13 January 2014
I purchased this for my daughter in the hope she will feel a little bit safer when walking home late from work during the dark nights.