Format: MP3 Download|Change

on 11 December 2009
Except for his shirt of course. Trey is unwavering to make his mark as one of the best R&B singers in the game. Trey most prominent appearances really started resurfacing when another singer/ rapper Drake appeared on the scene, and really propelled him back out to the forefront as that R&B dude. I can't lie with Drake being the hottest commodity out now because of his ability to sing and rap he took the industry by storm, and Trey helped propel his career with hit songs such as "Successful." Riding on that wave now it's time for Trey to put his money where his mouth is and you guys are wondering did he do just that? I reviewed what I felt was the best tracks on his album.

1.Panty Droppa (Interlude) - I wish it was a whole song

2) Neighbors Know My Name - Favorite parts of the song are the chorus and bridge. Verses do nothing for me personally.

3) I Invented Sex - Great 'cut song'. Got my first listen via Drake's mixtape "Heartbreak Drake" so it's kind of old to me now. I'll still listening to it so that has to mean something.

4) I Need a Girl - Least favorite track but it's good.

5) One Love - Air guitar that opens the song is explicite. This song is reminiscent of a rock/love ballad and it's a a good look for Songz. His syrupy voice laced over the instrumentals makes for a sweet musical treat.

6) Does He Do It - One of those songs living in the average arena. Nothing special about the vocals or music arrangements. (3/5)

7) Say Aah!! - This is a quirky song but it WORKS! Definitely a club banger & Fabo's appearance sealed the deal for me. Fab's comedic ad libs reinforces the airiness of the song.

8) LOL :-) - Another light-hearted song but it works for me in spite of Gucci Mane's appearance

9) Ready to Make Love (Interlude)- Should be its on song! The night time sounds in the background are an interesting element that blends well with Trey's urgency for love-making. (

10) Jupiter Love - As a lyric in the song states, this track "elevates" me to another level. Wonderful blend on this track.

11) Be Where You Are - An ode to a woman's physical beauty. The opening of the song doesn't catch my ear but the chorus makes up for it.

12) Successful - Commercial success...enough said (5/5)

13) Black Roses - My description of this track - ROCK & BLUES - and I love it because it reminds of Lenny Kravitz. The arrangement on this song is out of this world! I love when artists/producers step outside the box and create a winner.

14) Love Lost - A song that's simple in its composition but makes your mind race with all kinds of "shoulda, woulda, couldas". I love the line..."Now I'm ridin to the 90's hits, listening to Aerosmith..." This illustrates Trey's versatile taste in music and that ALL genres of music are beautiful.

15) Hollalude (Interlude) - New Age sounding interlude leaving the listener clamoring for MORE in the following track "Holla If You Need Me"

16) Holla If You Need Me - Nice follow-up to interlude.

17) Yo Side of the Bed - Beautiful song. I researched high and low for credit to Prince because his signature is all over this (think Purple Rain). I'm a little disappointed at thI didn't find the recognition but that's not my fight. I'm just a pleased listener.

My only regret is that I wish he had made his interludes into full songs! Great effort Trey; reminds me why I fell in love with your music back when I first heard "just Gotta Make It" so long ago.
on 16 September 2010
When I listen to alot of today's artist I don't get that buzz or excitement, only a very small amount usually impress me, especially in the R'n'B genre, I find alot of Artist sound the same now day's. But Trey Songz has captured my attention and kept it focused on him, Trey has a destinctive voice that you could easily tell apart from the rest, when Trey sings You can hear in his voice just how real and passionate he is, in every scenario on every reccord in which ever he's relating to.

The album 'Ready' has many different flows to it to suit almost your every mood, weather it's getting ready to go clubbing, hyping your mood, or a deep dramatic feel for when your going through a rough time, and also simply staying in with the partner and having that special one on one time, aka sexy time!.

I rate this album 5 stars because I don't feel I need to skip any tracks. Each song has it's own genuine meaning and sensual effect.
on 30 October 2009
When Trey Songz came on the scene, i did not pay much attention to his debut. But after hearing his sophomore, Trey Day, i could not wait for his next project. It was well worth the wait! Not only is it an album with personality, but its an album whereby the artiste not only shows his vocal prowess, but also manages to bring out a story behind a song. Tracks that stand out for me include;
Black Roses - an unusual, damn good song!
Love Lost - this is the track Trey Songz declares that he's a vocal beast
Say Aah - reminiscent of Jamie Foxx's Blame It, but incredible beat and great verse by Fabolous
Does He Do It - just amazing, nothimg more to say
I Need A Girl - quality production by StarGate

Trey's gonna have to work really hard for this next album to top this one
on 3 December 2009
This album is a great buy! He has done well on his third studio recorded album! If you are a trey songz fan or currious about what kind of artist he is, this album will give you a great insight.
on 9 November 2010
Forget about the fact that this is an amazing looking man...!!!! I bought this album having only heard two tracks - "Say Ahh" and "Neighbours Know My Name" which were great but I wasn't sure what I'd think of the rest of the album. I have to say, Trey Songz has definately grown since Trey Day! His voice is more polished, content is more diverse and's a great album!! Other than the tracks released, songs I immediately fell in love with - Black Roses (listen to the intensity on this song!!), Panty Droppa (shuda been a full length track!), Be Where You Are and Holla If You Need Me. It may come ax a little on the commercial side at times but once I listened for the second time, I realised it wasn't over the top. He simply tried a few different things and he did great!! Even if you are not a fan but like this kinda music, this album is a must buy!
on 26 September 2009
It seems that Trey Songz is just like a fine wine, he gets better with age. He has definitely redeemed himself as a serious rnb singer after his second album. A more mature sounding album. Stand out tracks for me are Neighbors Know My Name and One Love, but you'll notice that you won't really need to hit the skip button (excluding track 8- some Soulja Boy inspired nonsense) And if that's not enough, just buy it for the album cover!!
on 15 April 2011
can't get enough of this one. it's on a constant loop in my cd-player.
from the well-known hits I need a girl, say aah and neighbours know my name to the rocky Black roses and the super slow jupiter love to I invented sex and LOL that always brings a smile on my face... ending with one of my favourites: yo side of the bed.
on 10 March 2010
Brilliant Brilliant album, cant give any higher praise to songz 4 his effort on this album....i got a preview of it all a few days before it was released...and by the day it was released it was already in my top 25 most played albums....

2 years in the making...worth 2 years of quality
on 1 September 2009
This is his 3rd album and by far his best,every song on here is good,no skipping tracks for me on this CD.
on 17 February 2013
Love the album and would definitely recommend it and any of his others. And he is easy on the eye too!!