Customer reviews

GTA 4 BBFC Class (Xbox 360)

on 27 June 2017
Item described as very good but it arrived with alot of scratches on disc. Would describe it as used good or used acceptable. Still works so cant complain much and its GTA 4 backwards compatible
on 29 April 2017
Son loves it..what more can be said
on 24 December 2012
I had played this game a few times in the past, but waited until the price dropped to something (IMHO) reasonable. Since I am not an avid gamer, I really just wander around the GTA world, Liberty City, stealing cars and generally causing trouble. There are plenty of "missions" to interest those that want to rack up achievements and properly progress through the game. Personally, I would rather the whole thing was just opened up without restrictions so I could just explore. But that's because I never spend more than about ten or fifteen minutes playing the game and have no real intention of getting serious about it.

So, probably not the best game review ever. I guess I am writing this more for the casual gamer. In that sense, GTA IV is simply a fun distraction and an opportunity to act out and misbehave vicariously through the on-screen character.
VINE VOICEon 17 June 2011
I think this is probably one of the best if not the best of the Grand Theft Auto games. We have it on PS 3 and having recently invested in an Xbox, we have bought a copy for that as well. It keeps everyone entertained for hours, graphics are fab and it is good for online gaming too.

At this price, you can't complain either. Shame all games aren't such a steal.

Delivered within a few days. No problems at all

A success. Even if we already have it!
on 26 July 2011
There's lots to do on any GTA game and this one is no exception. Missions, Free Roaming, many On-line game modes. What more could you want from a game. Graphics are pretty good and the Storyline is fairly interesting. I haven't found a single fault in the game so far so I would recommend this to any gamer looking for an Action packed, thrill seeking game. And at this price where can you go wrong?
on 15 February 2013
the graphics are ridiculous it is constantly dark and you cant see where you are going and the missions are pointless and impossible
on 9 August 2010
Wow this game is amazing. I would have given it a max score but because it didnt keep me hooked 24/7 like some other games do I can not give it perfectness.

But the game is polished, great script, great physics and a classic all in one. At the price now being charged it should be illegal to not have one.
on 7 August 2010
GTA IV has had mixed views; some love it, some hate it. IGN gave it 10 out of 10, only the second time it's ever given that grade, and the first time on the 7th Generation Consoles (360, PS3, Wii, DS and PSP).

This is a fun game, but it lacks that GTA feel. I think that with the console switch, the game has upped the graphics to an impressive level, but has left behind some of the great gameplay features which made the series so great in the first place.

Firstly, if you loved GTA 3, Vice City and/ or San Andreas, this is different. The humour of the series and ridiculous, impossible to follow storyline are still there, but feel grittier. Unfortunately, a lot of the fun "distractions" of the previous games are also gone, such as courier missions, firefighter and ambulance (which I didn't care for anyway). Still, there's more emphasis on seeing the main game through than exploration and distraction IMO.

The game is a lot of fun though, if you know what to do and where to look. The mechanics and elements are all there to enjoy, but perhaps not as obvious. The new physics engine for example leads to hours of fun diving out of cars and experiencing not just a standard animation sequence, but often an extended flip-out half way down the road, often smashing face first into a wall or car. For the creative minded, this is a great little sandbox to play with.

One small point, I didn't find the music that impressive this time. It took me hours to find a song I liked (Jailbreak, Thin Lizzy) and compared to the superb listings of San Andreas and Vice City, this is a monotony. Sure the era is modern, and I'm stuck in the 70's and 80's, but it would have been nice to have something decent to listen to.

I haven't played the online, but apparently it's very good with friends!

I'd recommend this game to:
- creative minded people with a spare hour
- anyone who likes open world games
- people who don't take games too seriously

I wouldn't recommend this for:
- children (hence the age rating!)
- people without a sense of humour who like more serious games
on 22 December 2010
This is a brilliant game. Before I bought this game I hated GTA, I borrowed my friends san andreas on the PS2 and I just couldn't get into it. Maybe I was not letting my self. I bought this because my friends reccommended it. It was worth it.

It has loads of missions to complete, loads of side quests, some choices to make, loads of cars, moterbikes, boats and helicopters, and, you get to shoot anyone you see! What makes this game so special is how you get to know the people you are involved with, the people you get involved with conflict with each other, you develop relationships, you get let down. It's all here. The graphics are good, although some may argue they are really good.

There is a storyline in GTA, and not just a boring, gritty, rushed story, but a well thought out one, which will take time to complete. Of course you don't have to even complete the story (although I do recommend that you do because you will be missing out on a lot), you can just run around, and kill people, rob cars, boats and helicopters, or just simply drive around in the buisy city.

Apart from a few very small bugs, and (in my opinion) bad helicopter controls, there is nothing really begative about this game.
on 17 December 2012
Had this game in a nice price.

Absolutely brand new; no scratches.

Played almost 10 hours straight a way after having the game delivered. It had all the maps and guide in the CD-box.

he characters that appear in Grand Theft Auto IV are diverse and relative to the respective boroughs of Liberty City they are based in; belonging to various gangs and ethnic groups. The player controls Niko Bellic, an eastern european veteran of an unknown war.

Great buy. Recommending to all the XBOX 360 holders to play this addictive game.

Being a "PRIME" member of amazon; had a wonderful delivery experience.

I got emails about delivery updates all the time.