on 13 January 2013
I have done a lot of research about milk and food warmers and in the end couldn't decide between this one and nuby deluxe warmer. I decided on this one after seeing nuby warmer in store. They both look good but this one in my opinion is a better quality from a first look and smaller. Still fits all my bottles - Medela small and bugger ones and obviously all Avent. The only one that doesn't fit is tommee tippee but I don't like them anyway so not bothered. Nicely made, small size so it wont take a lot of space on your kitchen top and warms very well - quickly and evenly. I have read probably all reviews on this warmer and i must say i do not understand why people say that the buttons are hard to press. I can easily do it with one hand and no need to hold the warmer as it has rubber base so it doesn't move around unless you really push it. I never warm up anything while holding my son anyway as i find it rather stressful for both of us to wait long enough for my baby to be so hungry that he starts crying but if i had to do that i think it can easily be done with one hand and it takes seconds to switch it on. There is 6 settings and only 2 water measurements to remember so no confusion as with the other warmers I've seen. 150 ml bottle of milk from the fridge heats up in 2 min and the temp is just perfect in my opinion. Food doesn't take much longer either. Also there is no need to unplug the warmer and take the whole thing to the sink - I just switch of the mains and pour it out into a mug or a bowl and the warmer never leaves its place on the counter. It has to be done as the water evaporates when heated so to make sure the warming plate doesn't burn and that the food is the right temp fresh water needs to be poured in every time. Overall really happy with it.
on 5 March 2017
Good product but unfortunately we did not use it not returned it.
on 22 April 2017
Was a great warmer. After a couple years in storage however it didn't work right ... overheated, not sure why. Had to throw away.
on 8 September 2015
Great product.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 1 April 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As a grandparent to a new born I thought I'd give this a bash and save all the mucking around I seem to remember when my two were babies and the way we warmed bottles in the dark ages that were the late 70's early 80's.

This is so simple to use and operate I just couldn't believe. You do have to get things right for it to work properly; right quantity of milk, right quantity of water in the reservoir and correct setting selection. But if all that's been done correctly then the warmer does exactly what it's supposed to do and in that respect is simplicity itself.

It's also relatively compact as well hardly taking up any room in the cupboard although the groove around the base to wind the cord around is a bit of nonsense really as there's nowhere to then attach the plug to stop it unravelling.

Downsides to the warmer I found were: it does demand your full undivided attention to get it right, it's not something that can be done whilst juggling a baby, you need the right size (i.e. Avent) bottles for it to work effectively and you need to be close to a power point.

However, that said, it's still a useful bit of kit if used correctly.
VINE VOICEon 21 September 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My wife and I usually find Philips Avent products excellent pieces of equipment and very useful. However we have been left slightly disappointed with this bottle warmer. We expected great results but for some reason it just did not seem to work out for us. Bottle was too warm or left requiring more heat. Granted it does look stylish and state of the art but needless to say this doesn't make it do the business. It now sits in the cupboard with other cool looking essentials that don't do what it says on the tin!!
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 16 April 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The unit is easy enough to operate, but for the first dozen tries I couldn't get the temperature right and this caused some frustration and cursing. Now I have the temperature right I think it is great! I have yet to change the quantity of milk I am warming up, but I guess that I will have to play around with the temperature setting again :(

The unit is a bit light weight so care needs to be taken if the unit is on a smooth surface as mine slipped a few times when pushing the button, could do with some light touch buttons to compensate.

I managed to use another make of bottle in the unit, but it was almost identical to those supplied, no reason why others won't fit in as long as they are not too dissimilar in shape.

A good investment now I have the hang of it and considerably safer than microwaving or sitting the bottle in a pan of boiling water. Just drop in the bottle, fire it up and walk away. If you don't hear the alert go off, then the bottle will keep its temperature for a while longer so no worrying about having to re-heat.
on 22 December 2012
Ours broke after just a year, and our Philips Avent Bath Thermometer followed it 6 months later. I wouldn't buy this brand again.
on 28 August 2011
After reading good reviews for this bottle warmer I decided to get it as I had other items form the AVENT range. I was rather disappointed with it to be honest! It doesn't have a long cable and I needed to unplug it each time to empty the water out (there has to be an easier way of doing this!). I also thought that it never got the milk warm enough as the majority of the time I had to head the bottle twice to get it warm from fridge temp (even when set to the correct heating settings for example from fridge, room temp etc and the inserting the correct amount of water into the warmer ). I only used it really until my daughter was getting 3oz and got fed up with it as I had to an extra ounce of water in to get desired temp. The only plus side was that it was good for the night feeds as I could take it up to my bedroom with me and it wasn't as time consuming as boiling water and heating the bottle up in a jug. I ended up using it for a few weeks and its now up my loft and I'm now back to the old fashioned way of heating the bottle up in a jug of boiling water. I will try it again when she is on solids to see if its better at heating up the jars. Overall would not recommend!
on 25 July 2011
We bought this bottle warmer after we had to keep boiling the kettle to warm our 8 week old son's bottles. It was costing us a fortune in electricity & it's not the best way to warm a bottle when you have to wait 5 mins with a baby screaming, waiting for his milk at 4am. We borrowed one from my brother & his wife but it was nowhere near as good as this one! This product has been a god send (especially for the neighbours) & one of the best baby products we have purchased! It heats the milk in a couple of minutes & it is very easy to use after you get the hang of it. The fact that you can warm food in it as well means its not just a product that you keep for 6 months & then it becomes another unused item that ends up in the attic. The reason it doesn't get 5 stars is that you have to remove the whole appliance from the socket to empty the water after use, not very practical having a plug near water!! Other than that I would definitely recommend it & will be buying one for my brother & his wife who are expecting next month.