on 2 July 2016
The screen resolution went funny when i used this and i couldn't get it to the one i required even though it was available when not using this (was a standard resolution also.) I threw it in the bin - sorry didn't work for me and couldn't be bothered with the hassle of returning.
on 30 May 2017
A+
on 4 November 2015
its ok does the job
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 October 2011
If, like me, you have a home PC and work laptop, but want to use the big screen for your laptop, then this is the best way forwards. You simply plug your monitor into the input socket (clearly marked) and then connent one cable to the PC and another to the laptop, plugging them into this box at the other end, you then can switch between them at ease. Its a definate click to change buttons, and some monitors may need turning on and off if they have modern power savers and you have just switched over. The other thhng to do is make sure you buy two extra cables and measure the length you want!. I wanted very little cable so bought a pack of two 0.5m cables.

This box is female - all the plugs have holes, not prongs! Make sure you get the right types of cable and switch for your monitor, most standard VGA monitors need male to male cables.
on 11 July 2013
I bought this product to use with my PC and xbox 360.

From the minute i plugged Xbox, it automatically detected my resolution but didn't applied it. So, i had to go to the options and apply it (1920*1080). Rebooted xbox and it was good to go. Works perfectly with no ghosting.

PC was a bit more tricky because, apparently, this product does not detect monitor resolution, so, when you go to the screen resolution in Windows, you will have many resolutions available from 640*480 up to 2560*1600. 1920*1080 was not available, as well as some other widescreen resolutions like 1440*900.

What i had to do was go to the Nvidia control panel and create a custom resolution with timing set to GTF (this is very important, otherwise image won't be fullscreen and/or distorted). After that, image was perfect.

AMD also supports custom resolution, as well as Intel drivers, so you won't have problems. If for some reason games don't detect your resolution, just reinstall drivers and set custom resolution again.

I understand why some people rated it 1 and 2 stars. It should have come with a manual or CD explaining how to solve this problem with widescreen resolutions.
on 8 August 2012
Prior to ordering this switch box, I read the reviews indicating that it supports resolutions up to 1920 x 1080. This is NOT the case!

When using the box, my monitor resolution drops to a maximum of 1600 x 1200.

If it had been more expensive I would have tried to re-sell it, but at £4.99 it'll just go on a shelf until I may have a need for a low resolution switch box.

Do not buy if you are using full HD resolution!
on 20 April 2013
The product is sturdy and looks well built with a positive switch action between the too VGA inputs. However, I intended to use the product to allow me to share a Dell E207WFP monitor between a laptop (as an extended screen) and as the sole screen for a desktop computer. Both set ups worked fine on their own but I was trying to avoid having to swap VGA cables to change from one computer to the other.

Although I tried to change to screen resolution settings for well over two hours, including updating drivers etc., I could not get either computer to connect with the monitor at its 'native' resolution (1680 x 1050 pixels). This was very disappointing as the switching worked well but the screen resolutions were not acceptable for the work I wanted to carry out - e.g. photo editing.

May work satisfactorily with a 4:3 monitor with a standard resolution but didn't with the 20" widescreen I was using so I cannot give it more than 1 star. I returned the item the same day it arrived.
on 22 February 2010
Does what its supposed to but iv had problems with screen rez and ghosting, I can get past and use it but at lower than expected resulution
on 27 November 2010
After reading some reviews on this product, and speaking to another seller that seemed to be selling the same one, i was very doutful that this was going to be a quality piece of equipment.

I had orignially a cable splitter which was v.cheap and looking at the picture on the internet seemed that it was the right one to choose. It arrived and I pluged it all in and I found that there was a lot of ghosting and the resolution wasnt up to standard. The screen didnt seem right, and when starting to write an essay, it was making my eyes hurt.

I then looked at a manual switcher box, which were a little more expensive. I contacted another seller to ask if the switcher box would be compatiable with my resolution. It was not so I kept looking. I then saw this one, thinking that it was the same product, being sold by a different seller. I emailed Digiflex, and they confirmed that it was compatiable with the screen resolution '1280x1024'.

I ordered the product, and within a couple of days it arrived. I plugged it all in, and now there is barley any (if any!) ghosting, and no problems with screen res. It has been working fine for the last few days, and hope it stays that way. I advise that you have some high quality VGA cables, as I think that this is needed for the success of the product.

Overall this is a great product! A++ product + seller!
on 18 December 2010
Does just what it's supposed to do at a reasonable price. Solidly built though one of the blue buttons did fall off after a short period of use! This didn't stop it being used and could be easily fixed with a bit of glue but I expected better so only 4 stars. The styling could be better but then it would probably cost more.

I got this as I have 2 PC's running Linux and one has an old monitor with poorer image quality. So now I have both running at 1280 x 1024 resolution with 60Hx refresh rate and there's no problems with the image. The only thing I need to remember is to connect each PC to the monitor before starting it otherwise the OS can't probe the monitor as it boots but this is an issue with Linux not the Splitter Switch.

Overall a good product for the price. It lets you share one monitor between 2 PCs and is a lot cheaper than buying a second monitor and saves on desk space.