on 16 October 2009
Nancy Wilson had been creating some great jazz for Capitol records, with George Shearing and Cannonball Adderley, in the early 60's. Then out of the blue came the pop single 'How glad I am', for which she won a Grammy award in 1964 - and on the back of the hit single and album of the same title was rush released. Considering it is a collection from more than one recording session (in the same way Petula Clark's classic 'Downtown' album was) it makes a superb collection. Hit songs of the day such as 'People' and 'The boy from Ipanema' are given the beautiful Wilson treatment. The real treat for me is the second album 'Gentle is my love'. Recorded within one week (yes, they did that in those days) this is a beautiful collection of string laden dreamy ballads, in the Nat Cole vein. Her rendition of 'More' is the most beautiful i've heard. I've owned these records on vinyl for 25 years. I can't believe it has taken so long for them to be finally issued on cd. An essential purchase. Thanks DRG!
11 Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 June 2017
as expected
VINE VOICEon 29 December 2009
Since I received this CD, there has not been a day when I haven't played it. It contains two excellent albums and a couple of great bonus tracks.

Occasionally, I ask myself if I really want to hear this CD again and then I hear the opening bars of "How Glad I Am" and know that the answer is, "Yes! I do!" The CD is pure pleasure from start to finish.

A big "Thank you" to DRG for making it available again. More please!
on 20 July 2013
I love this album, heard the first track on an advert, play this in my convertible car driving through the country lanes. PERFECT, would recommend this .
on 13 October 2013
just what you need to relax to,would recommend as an easy listening c/d to unwind to after a busy day.
on 16 July 2013
How Glad i Am has been used recently on an advert on ITV and it prompted me to buy this album, which if good. I have "You Don'T Know How Glad I Am" on a Kiki Dee CD, but the original sounds better.
on 29 September 2013
A very good listen, although there are a couple of tracks I'm not too keen on, but that is just down to my personal taste. It
takes nothing away from the fact that Nancy is an amazing artiste.
on 8 May 2014
I only wanted the one song which I now have so I am happy but apart from that particular song I do like really like the rest. However, I got what I wanted and the service was good
on 22 August 2013
Loved this album, I really purchased for couple tracks, but love the album purchase was good value for money and arrived speedy and well packaged.
on 4 August 2013
I absolutely love the one song 'how glad I am' but was a bit disappointed with rest. I might get used to them but not really my cup of tea.