Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's

on 6 August 2011
I wasn't sure what to expect from this game. I have always enjoyed music quizzes and this is good fun. It has quite a good range of music, right through from the 60's to reasonably recent.
There are a number of different games, one is a jigsaw puzzle, another is answering as many pop questions as possible in one minute and another is "mixing" a track to identify the song.
Some of the quizzes are easy, some are difficult and some are just plain boring.
Overall it is a good way to spend half an hour, anymore than that would be very repetative.
on 11 June 2012
I bourght this product cautiously - despite the 4 star rating you've gotta be wary when it's a new game for 3 quid - as I'm both a gamer and a music lover.

I wasn't expecting too much from this game.

Having played the 'Beat the intro' first option game a few times through now, I have a mixed feeling about it. The first game is a selection of different music quizzes (ranging between spinning a record at the right speed to ID the song, to reshuffling the words in a song title, remembering the next line of a song, picking the right song from a list of 4 by the intro music alone, a demented cross between Simon says and the Rock band games, and others) It's not the sort of thing I can play over and over again (And I play, amougst a wide range of other genres, the 'Puzzler' games. In number order.) It has replay value, but I find I have to put it down after each round. If I let the explaining/talking head finish what he's saying, he would probably get on my nerves. Luckily you can skip him :D

The other thing I found is some tracks (take the Bonzo Dog DooDah band's 'I'm the urban spaceman', a track I am very familier with) seem a little... distorted. This adds to the challenge but can be annoying when you realise you actually did know the song. With replay, I may yet get the hang of it. (And by the way, yes, I did ID it after a few seconds :D)

It sounds like I'm being really negative, but I am enjoying myself playing. And learning some things, too! I really like the fact that this game covers a wide range of popular music over the years, and it's encouraging when I reach 'my' era (80s/90s) and can answer the puzzles with ease, a welcome let up from the harder modern/70s/possibly earlier?.

The second game, 'number one hit' is harder, requiring you to answer 10 questions about music in a row correctly. I... haven't beaten that one... yet.

The third game, 'beats per minute', gives you a minute to answer as many music questions as you can. Again, it's harder than the main first game.

The game also appears to support 1-cart/2 DS 2-player modes, but I haven't been able to test that yet. Time will tell if it's something I will look forward to.

But in all, what the heck, it's £3, take a gamble!
on 13 April 2012
Spotted this while while buying another DS Game and bought it, and glad I did its a great little game for the money, not only is it up to the latest music but goes back to 60,s 70,s 80,s 90,s. The variety of games are very good and it has a good quality of sound too. I really liked it, and a couple of friends have bought it after playing mine.
on 5 January 2013
After playing endless Mario and hidden object games, this makes an ok change - format is ok and the individual games themselves are ok - not raving, but not disappointed I bought it.
on 10 September 2014
Some tunes I have never heard and some I did and my daughter felt the same. Loved playing this. Good seller.