on 9 September 2017
If you like historical drama this is a must, really well acted and enjoyable throughout.
on 12 October 2017
Another I've just bought for collection but will watch by years end.
on 20 October 2017
A fantastic production. Enjoyed it thoroughly.
on 19 November 2017
great series
on 28 October 2017
Great series, shame it ended earlier than planned (I believe this is correct). Good special effects and great characters with suspense in bucket loads.
on 9 April 2017
Pleased with my purchases
on 2 April 2017
I loved this when it was on telly and I love it just as much ten years later. It's brilliantly written and acted, utterly compelling even though I remember what happens. Nothing's covered up or subtly implied; sex and violence are all shown "warts-and-all" but, whilst I've heard some describe it as gratuitous, I find it all perfectly believable and important in the context of understanding the view of Roman society that is being presented. Be warned, my 18yr old son got hooked and watched both series during the week he was supposed to be revising for his exams!
on 17 March 2017
Bought as a preent, the series was superb and my sone loved receiving this box set. He loves dvds and films, a Junior Barry Norman, the BBC should have him as a presenter. Watched Troy at Six and was mesmerised and that started his film watching career.
on 30 April 2017