on 5 April 2012
I was delighted to receive this lamp. I went into a decline, last week, when my previous 'touch' lamp gave up the ghost after long and faithful service.

This lamp is ideal for just reaching out a palm and getting the light to go off, in bed, without the hassle of looking for slide switches when you are not quite 'on the planet' The bulbs are cheaper bought elsewhere but that is no problem. There is a good supply in the cheap shops. It does not take up much room so there is room for a book,too, on your bedside table. A very reasonably priced lamp which should give good service for a number of years. Delivery was astonishingly quick. I can recommend the suppliers who are based in Dartford, Kent. I had not expected to see it this side of Easter but got it within the course of a post. Excellent. Good value for the money. The secret of the value of this lamp is not in its cost but, purely, in its convenience. You would hide it if anyone posh was coming to stay as it is basic in its looks but otherwise it does the job. More than happy with it.

Tinklepeg.
on 15 March 2015
A very attractive lamp, but not built to last at all. Rather stupidly I bought two of these. The first one fizzled out and died in under a year, and unfortunately I thought this just may have been a flawed, one-off. Unable to return it, I decided to risk it and bought a second one, which died today, and again barely lasting a year and I can't return it. Very annoying.

I'd advise not getting one.
on 16 October 2013
Nice well made light little smaller than expected but perfect for my bedroom.

1 note it uses a 2 pronged electrical adapter - i missed this info, having had a fault with 1 plug i contacted the customer support got instant help and it turned out to be the plug my side.

Thanks
on 20 November 2011
My wife won't stop playing with this lamp. The three settings are a good idea but make sure you use the golf ball bulbs.
on 30 August 2014
When I got this lamp I would have given it 5 stars, absolutely awesome, it arrived quickly and worked much better than I expected, unfortunately I can now only give it two stars as it has stopped working after two weeks. It is great value so worth what I paid but it just doesn't last very long. A real shame about a product that looks great and has the potential to work brilliantly. The touch operation is great, i could use it through the stages while I got tired, so great for falling to sleep with.
on 13 September 2016
Okay, I bought 2 units of this lamp. Very attractive and its chrome finish fitted very well into our bedroom décor.

Comes with 3 brightness levels, a feature that I consider to be very impressive and useful, especially when all you want to do is reach out to the lamp, tap it, and you'd have a different brightness level instantly.

Each lamp came with a standard UK 3-pin power plug and appearance wise, they sit pretty comfortably on our bedside drawers.

An added bonus is the support for E14 light bulbs, which meant we could easily and conveniently use energy-saving bulb with the lamp.

Around 10 months after I'd purchased the lamps, however, they both stopped working. The light bulbs were still fine because I tested these with other light bulb sockets.

I've carried out all usual checks and re-checks but the lamps are sure dead for good.

I thought it was rather very strange that both lamps would stop working just about the same time. Every other light bulb, socket, side-lamp in the house all work fine; so it couldn't be a case of power surge or power fluctuation.

Maybe I was too naive, I'd expected more durability from these lamps. Then again, some people may say "that's what you get when you pay £13 for a bedside lamp".
on 4 April 2014
I had this for Christmas 2013 as we had had a touch lamp some years ago, which lasted us years, and we loved it. It's a lovely little lamp, but unfortunately once the bulb went after 2 and a half months the touch facility failed and then the whole thing failed. Extremely disappointing. They really shouldn't be selling lamps that are not fit for the purpose.
on 10 June 2013
It was awsome up until the point that it died about 2 months after I bought it so it's been binned now.
on 13 June 2012
Everso happy with this lamp - just a gentle touch and it does just as described!! Great to have 3 settings-the highest is brighter than I expected and the lowest is perfect for relaxing. Such a good price too - looks more expensive than it was!
on 18 April 2012
Our touch lamp would not work and as it was in a bad place for using a switch type lamp I needed another touch lamp. I did change the shade as I did not particulary like the black one, but apart from that the lamp works fine.