Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change

on 12 September 2017
Heard this in a shop and had to ask them which CD was playing
VINE VOICEon 12 October 2009
This is a really good album. I absolutely love 60's/70's folk music and don't know much about more contemporary folk groups, and this album provides an excellent cross-reference of both types. I like several of the songs so much that I am going to probably purchase albums of the groups. This cd deserves a proper listen, so grab a cup of tea, sit back and enjoy. It's a beautiful ride :)
on 10 December 2010
Easy to listen to. Nobody likes everything on a compilation but it's nearly all perfect for me. I wasn't disapointed
on 13 January 2011
I would question the definition of a good 50% of the music on this albumn being Folk music. Even allowing for the fact that the description now calls it 'Folk and Acoustic', a lot of this is straight pop music.

Not a bad albumn, but a bit misleading from the title/description.
on 30 March 2010
All the old stagers are here, the bands and the singers that we remember from the renaissane of folk in the 1960's and we xan welcome them. Although I believe that if you buy this album you will most likely have at least one version of Maty Groves by Fairport Convention in your collection without another one here. There are some pure gems on this compilation the sad grief of Bert JAnsch's cry for a life taken by drugs and the picture of the deadly price of warfare on When I was on horseback. Ther are lighter moments Gerry Rafferty's singles are someaht forgotten now but are true gems of teh eccentric Btitish kind . My only reservation has been in the onclusion of the more obscure american songs when I felt there are Uk artists who could have completed a splenddid Uk collection.