Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 September 2017
What a Great Buy Excellent Value for the money
on 26 April 2017
This was purchased for my elderly father as a gift. He is delighted with it.
on 1 May 2017
fine
on 28 October 2017
nice cd to listen to on long journeys
on 1 February 2010
This collection of songs from Perry Come is incredibly good value. Although even 100 tracks is struggling to cover all his hits. This is hpwever fantastic value, and the songs have obviously been digitally enhanced because the audio quality is excellent. I thought I had just about everything Mr. C had ever recorded, but some of these songs I had forgotten about, such as "Rambling Rose" ( not to be confused with Nat Coles "Ramblin' Rose) and "Wild Horses" which I had completely forgotten about. Buy this set. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Colin Bentley.
on 16 October 2010
I grew up listening to Mr Como and other artists of his era through the family's collection of 78s. I bought this to obtain a number of the most important titles he made from the 1940s and 1950s and to that extent it was good.

What is most frustrating is the title of this series of CDs '100 Hits' - so many titles that are not worth having to make up the numbers - especially when Como had many hits that do not appear here. I suppose the title could mean 100 hits as performed by not actual hits by the artist. The sound quality however varies rather a lot too.

Like a lot of artists with a prolific output, Como suffers from far too many compilations that contain similar choices of titles. If you want to get most of the important recordings this is an inexpensive way of doing it. I would rather it had been a double CD with all the dross removed leaving the better performances and material.

He may have been a very middle of the road artist with lots of commercial succeses(and what is wrong with that?) but there must have been a reason for choosing a large number of things that even Mr Como must have been embarrassed by. I wish I could heartily recommend this but I cannot.
on 20 November 2012
When you see the title, 100 Hits Legend, you think you are going to get some of Perry Como's best and most well-known titles. Well, think again. In that sense, and in every other sense, this album is a disappointment. I would not have bought it if I had known what I was getting.
on 12 December 2014
Bought this for my mum while she Hoovers. Not quite sure how she can detect Como's velvet tones through the racket but she loves it. Reminds her of being stuck in a lift with Frank Sinatra back in the fifties apparently. A likely story but none the less 'takes her there' during house graft. Where's her tabs now?
on 31 May 2012
A RELAXING AND ENJOYABLE SET OF MUSICAL MEMORIES. ITS NICE TO BE ABLE TO HEAR THE LYRICS, UNLIKE TODAYS SINGERS ??
WHO NEED A NOISY BACKGROUND, VIDEOS AND A HEAVY BEAT TO SELL RECORDS
on 27 October 2009
A GOOG VALUE C.D COVERING ALL HIS HITS + MANY MORE , ONE SONG i have been wanting is on to.