Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 January 2017
This set met my every expectation. I bought it primarily for one Christmas song but I was introduced to other songs that I really liked (and had never heard of).
Great buy!
on 21 December 2009
When I first glanced through the tracks on this album it seemed okay. It had a few songs on it that you rarely get on other Christmas compilations so I went for it (I was in a bit of a hurry unfortunately!!)

When it arrived (quickly) I put it on and was immediately disappointed by the songs on the first CD. I played the 2nd which was worse, the 3rd was the best of the 5, and the 4th was absolutely ridiculous.
Songs like Club Tropicana, Walk This Way, Rhythym Is A Dancer, Deeply Dippy (I must have been to buy this rubbish) and Tragedy (No comment)do not inspire any christmasy feel in any way.
After chucking cd4 straight into the bin I put in cd5, the disc with most of the decent tracks on only to discover it was a DVD!!! It got worse, it was a KARAOKE DVD.

This was the point where I chucked the whole lot into the bin and logged in to write this review. I have never written a review before but felt so angry about how cr*p this album is I wanted to make sure nobody else wasted their money on it.

Summing up, there are many many Christmas compilations out there to buy. If you manage to buy one worse than this, then I would be amazed. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND STEER WELL CLEAR!!!!
77 Comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 December 2013
I haven't personally bought this album, though it is being played where I work. I figure after coming across the bad reviews that I'll have my say. The first 3 CD's are clearly the Christmas music, not my personal choice of music because I don't really like most Christmas music, but it clearly is Christmas music. Then we come to CD 4, not at all Christmas like, but for a lot of people out there, New Year is part of Christmas, the kind of music played on New Years Eve. Disc 5, the DVD is obviously for anyone having a party and wanting to have some fun with Karaoke.
on 15 December 2010
I was delighted when I saw the more modern Christmas songs like Fairytale of New York, and Driving home for Christmas - but what a dissappointment! When it arrived, I opened it up, immediately went to "Disc 5" and when I looked, it was a DVD. Disc 5 is actually a sing along DVD. So I now have another Christmas album with all the old favorites - exactly what I didn't want! Years ago, there was an album called "The Best Christmas Album in the World....Ever" - it was released in 1997, so if this could be updated, it would be the one to get.
on 17 December 2010
I love Christmas music, and I own shelves of it. I am a sucker for new compilations that features one or two Christmas songs I don't already own plus the usual odd sox assortment of the hits.

But this, THIS, is ridiculous. I mean, sure, it's 100 songs for a few quid. How bad could it be, right? Well, I'll tell you: QUITE bad. There are probably a couple of CDs full of OK Christmas tunes that you already have, or that you're heard a few dozen times on the radio this season. The rest is straight out rubbish, with either bad covers of songs done definitively by others, or else songs that have absolutely no connection to Christmas.

Rick Astley: Never Gonna Give You Up? I'll bet the guy who put this together had a good laugh when he put that one on. And that's just the start of it. Most clearly they didn't have enough Christmas songs to pad out the requisite 100, so they've larded it down with pure dross whose only connection to Christmas is the ringing of coin in the record company's coffers.

Do yourself a favor and pass on this one.
Tremendous value for money as I got it used just for the price of the postage and do ignore the negative reviews. This is what this box set is all about, CD 1,2 and 3 are your proper Christmas songs, old and new, CD4 is for a bit of a knees up, i.e. disco tracks and not specifically to do with Christmas but is fine for any get together and the fifth disc is a karaoke Christmas DVD to sing along too, what more could you want to have a Merry Christmas ?
Well there is quite a lot more but that's a different story, as for this box set, highly recommended, BUY IT IN SUMMER WHEN PRICES ARE LOWEST.
on 15 September 2014
Poeple are moaning because of the last disc but read it firat you buy it clearly states that there is a sing a long dvd
on 18 February 2013
A good selection of old standards and new tracks that relate to Christmas or were hits at Christmas, it is an eclectic mix that has something for most people
on 6 December 2009
It looks like a pretty good album except that I bet most of us already have 80% of these already somewhere in our collections. The good side is that they're all on 1 collection but the downside is that they had trouble finding the last few Christmas songs, well the whole of CD 4. Since when was Rick Astley's "Never gonna give you up" a Christmas song? Some of the artists and or songs I've never even heard of!!

Not really worth the money. I suggest you do a search on all the Christmassy words that come to mind on all your ripped music and I'm sure you'll come up with much the same, if not a better selection. Those that you're missing, download for your perfect Christmas mix.

Anyway, Santa Baby just isn't Christmas unless sung by Earth Kitt...

Merry Christmas...
on 5 December 2011
PLEASE do NOT buy this cd !!
I have a history of only leaving positive reviews, but in this case I was shocked at the dreadful collection of barely recognisable, or poorly executed tracks this cd contains.