The Kenwood Tri-blade hand blender is - ahem - a cut above other hand blenders I have used. The HB716 is a step up from the basic model, complete with 1 metal attachment - an ordinary-sized tri-blade blender - and 1 plastic attachment, a 'Big foot' blender for use in pans (there are more expensive versions from the same series, where you can have beater and chopper attachments as well), as well as a small-sized blender jug.

The blender makes quick work of everything I've thrown at it, and the pan attachment is extremely well designed - blitzing through even a stock pot full of soup in only seconds, while making hardly any mess at all.

My only down-side: blending strongly coloured dishes e.g. tomato/pepper based soups can cause some discolouration to the plastic attachment as the plastic seems to be slightly porous. So whilst the 'Big foot' is recommended for blending large pans of food without splashing I'd add the proviso that it is better to use to stainless steel foot when the food you're blending is strongly coloured.

Nonetheless, over all a very good buy.
on 4 June 2017
This is a great attachment for blending soup, my wife uses it all the time. Just pop in the dishwasher to clean.
on 24 January 2011
The Triblade makes soup making so easy. The large diameter non splash pan blender is just that, and the ingredients are whizzed up in a flash thanks to the 700 watt motor. There are 2 speeds and eject buttons to fire the blender into the sink. The smaller jug blender is great for making banana smoothies thick and frothy. The only disadvantages are minor. The blenders are a little fiddly to fit and the eject buttons need to be pressed fairly hard. Yet they are minor and the overall performance of the blenders override these very minor flaws.
on 3 July 2010
Amazing machine. I have used it for fruit ice-cream and yogurts. Drinks and also whipping a small amount of cream (with the blades!) Soups too. It is as good as a goblet blender but much easier, quicker and less washing up. It is efficient and very quick. Following another feedback I tried mash potato but it was like glue so I wouldn't reccommend it for that.
Safety wize I am very pleased with it as you can disconnect the blade end easily by pressing 2 buttons, one each side. I do this immediately after use. The blade goes straight in the dishwasher but is also easily rinsed clean under tap. The enclosed jug/ goblet has a lid which doubles as a slip resistant mat. Great design.
Extremely good value for money and very powerful motor.
on 25 October 2010
I was very impressed with the power of this machine,it makes short work of soups. However was disappointed that there is no whisk or chopper attachments available.
on 21 November 2014
This is my second blender in three years - the first one simply stopped working one day after I had had it for 14 months - hadn't had much use but I did find the soup blending attachment very effective. Obviously out of guarantee at that point.

Bought another thinking I had been unlucky ..... I have been unable to put the motor and the attachments together and was ready to put it in the bin (14 months old again) but my husband has just been investigating it and the rubber "washer/grommet" on the end of the shaft of one of the attachments was stuck inside the motor end. Have removed it and the two parts now fix together again, but for how long I wonder?

This blender is obviously flawed and I do feel a bit cheated by Kenwood who must be aware of the problems. They are not cheap either to end up as a throw away item shortly after a year.
on 25 February 2012
My Wife loves this - she bought it to puree food for our daughter during the weening process - I must admit having used it once to see what it is like - WOW impressive bit of kit - I thought there may have been a few splashes of tomato on the wall whilst making soup but no not a drop - amazing bit of kit.
on 21 January 2011
Kenwood deliver here one of the best value for money blender with this powerful stuff. simply equiped ( Stainless steel narrow foot,plastice big foot and a plastic jug )
Very efficient as feature 3 blades. If you like creamy soups you can change them into fancy cappucinos with this stick.
+++
on 10 May 2012
I should have bought one of these years ago. This is great for Soups and Smoothies. I use it every day. It blends everything with ease, it doesn't splash and it is really easy to clean. Our fruit and veg intake has shot up. Would never use a jug blender again. Recommended by a friend. Fantastic product.
Edit: May 2016 - Still using this hand blender 4 years later. Blade on the soup blender is getting a bit blunt now, but after 4 years of constant use what can I say. Real Quality Product!
on 13 February 2012
This is as good as you'd expect from Kenwood and deffinately worth the money my only thing was it doesn't have an on off button where the blade will go round consistantly it has a turbo button which I'd expect I'd have to hold down like on a blender when it has a pulse button but the other button which operates the blade normally you also have to hold down hence the four stars other than that it's deff good value