Platform: Xbox 360|Edition: Standard|Change

As with any of the Star wars lego games you pretty much know what you are getting, this game follows the Animated Clone Wars, It manages to follow the episodes superbly.

The game play is very good and just about the level of difficulty that you want, my little boy of 7 has been playing it for a while and has completed a few levels, enough for him to want to keep playing and not be bored.

The games makes a change from the Xbox 360 games that tend to be shooting and gore which isn't really the best thing for little boys, we are running out of fresh new game ideas for him, I don't know why they don't have a level on some games such as assassins creed that takes away the gore so younger ones can play them.
Lego is suitable for all.

There a some very new editions to the game play, the SceneSwap is great, you play with different characters and swap between challenges, you press Y and it takes you to another character who must complete their mission before you can processed

The split screen is another new edition, I think it was first introduced to the Harry Potter game Lego Harry Potter: Episodes 1-4 (Xbox 360), we played two players and you can control who you want and are not restricted to a bit of screen as was the case in the other Star Wars Lego games.

We haven't got to the battle ground area as of yet but that does look amazing.

This will be up there with the best Lego based games, I was worried that it may not live up to our expectations as we were disappointed in the last Lego game Harry Potter, but It is better than we had hoped, loads of new characters, vehicles, puzzles, split screen etc.
An easy 5 star game.
on 28 March 2011
My 9 year old son saved up and got this game on Friday, and its been very difficult to get him off it for the last two days. Graphics much improved, game play very engaging and looks to be great value for money.
Itching to get on it myself and i am 42 ....
on 20 July 2011
LEGO Star Wars III was bought predominately for my son aged six. He had enjoyed previous Lego games (Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Batman, Indiana Jones, etc) but was bursting to play on this Clone Wars inspired incarnation. Needless to say he doesn't feel let down.
Having spent more than a guilty hour or so on the previous Lego Star Wars title myself I can see that things have moved on, and some of them for the better. The ability to switch scenes or split screen seems to solve some of the problems/arguments waiting for another player to join you in your direction. The graphics have had a makeover, etc.
Sure there's repetition and freezing glitches... but these can be forgiven, this game is exactly what you think it will be when you buy it (for your kid or the big kid in you).
on 29 January 2013
Very short gameplay, a little bit of a home map for a couple of extra missions. a few new ideas but really if you want lego star wars the complete saga was and is still the best (in my opinion the best lego game altogether, im not too much of a fan of these partially open home maps that theyve started putting on everything)
on 11 August 2016
As an avid Lego xbox360 game fan I bought this game knowing nothing about the clone wars. To be honest I still don't....but that doesn't really matter, your a little Lego person running around shooting other Lego people.....what could be better, there's no blood and gore...you don't have to reload or find first aid kits, your arms and legs fall off but hey......your made of Lego, great fun, even if you don't know the film
on 30 May 2011
i was a huge fan of former lego games on the ps2 so i was delighted when a lego games came to Xbox 360 that was completely new!
For:
Graphics look absolutely mouth watering
Puzzles can be challenging yet enjoyable
Bounty Hunter Missions and hidden missions provide a lot of replay value
as dos finding minikits!
Against:
Slightly repetitive
Droids get really annoying when doing puzzles
a lift glitch which i got infuriated about

Although apart from a few problems an excellent game for everyone!
on 4 May 2011
This was purchased by my son, just turned 11, and he loved it. He was impressed by the graphics and the game play, there are some new ideas, and plenty of characters from the Clone Wars as well as all the characters from the original games. There are some levels of the game that are harder than others and he has allowed me to assist him on a couple of flying games where time is against you as you collect studs to get the canister for the gold brick. If you have any of the previous Lego games then you will know the set up, the more of the games you have played the easier you'll be able to find your way around. In 2 player they have the split screen which allows the players to follow their own path and achieve independant goals.
All in all great for kids and adults like me who are incapable of playing complicated computer games, I can play along with him, find my way around and find items and studs and spend time with him playing something he loves.
on 31 March 2011
This game is probably the most fun I have had in a while. The graphics are good, and while the puzzles are not the most challenging and the game play the most complex, I loved it. (I'm 17, and I still thought it was great.)
I played this with some of my mates, and they all thought it was fun too.

better than black ops.
on 10 March 2013
When you first get into the middle of a battle in Clone Wars with multiple droids coming in from all sides, and various tanks and speeders zooming about, or one of the many space battles alongside a huge frigate, you seriously go 'Wow' no matter if you are 6 or 46.

Where this one let's itself down is the odd puzzle is just sooooo irritatingly difficult yet ends up having the easiest solution imaginable - one of the Bounty Hunter missions for example has you racing through the level looking for R2D2. After the ninth attempt you realise that something is amiss and so you go backwards - where there is another door and through that is.............

Mini kit puzzles can be a bit obscure too, but you'll get there.

Another issue is that I have had this game crash two or three times as I near completing it. I had the same issue with Lego games on the PC, but on the XBox it is a bit unforgivable.

BUT, and it is a big one, this is a triumph of Lego 'engineering' on the XBox. Great music, fantastic action and a good bit of fun.

The Rebel Assault missions are like a mini Command and Conquer and really deserve to be developed by the designers into a full blown game. You have to secure bases, wipe out the enemy buildings and guns and then take them over and build drone factories and guns and shields of your own, all the time fending off the droid attacks and enjoying all sorts of speeders and tanks.

And to make things better you get to do the same, but playing the bad guys.

So a great game, but just a star off for the crashes and odd niggles. Under £15? Do not hesitate and buy it.
on 10 August 2011
When my son and his wife say, 'No' my grandsons usually phone me. This was one of the times, when they wanted this game and so not only is the game very popular but so am I. It is great as well that I can have things posted direct to my son's address.