Customer reviews

Still Standing
Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£5.83+ £1.26 shipping

VINE VOICEon 24 March 2010
I have been highly anticipating Monica's latest offering, after her mediocre The Makings Of Me and her reality show, Still Standing. On "Still Standing," Monica goes back to her roots with smooth, soulful R&B. The albums 10 tracks really shows the growth in her vocals and this combined with the smooth beats and heartfelt lyrics create her best album yet.

Although there is not one bad track on the whole CD, the standouts for me are the 3 romantic Bryan Michael Cox ballads "One In A Lifetime," "Superman," and "Love All Over Me," as well as lead single, "Everything To Me," and the positivity of "Mirror."

From top to bottom this is a consistent, gorgeous, lovingly made album. I would recommend it to fans of Monica as well as those who appreciate true R&B. Highly recommended.
6 people found this helpful
on 8 May 2014
the main reason why i bought her cd is for the " Still standing" which is encouraging but i choose to listen to her other songs as well
on 12 January 2016
very happy with this seller and product.
on 28 April 2016
Brill good junes
on 24 March 2012
Monica is one of RnB's classic vocalist...this album has some great ballads such as Here I am...would have liked to see more tracks on the album but its great RnB.
One person found this helpful
on 22 November 2013
I tried, played it three times, but not one track stood out, then sent to charity shop, perhaps someone else will enjoy.
on 8 May 2011
As a Monica fan from day 1 I eagerly awaited this album, specifically after watching her reality show on BET. Unfortunately it's no where near as good as I expected,the songs are mediocre with maybe just 3 tracks that I don't skip. It's not awful, just bland and well quite boring. I think these artists need to stick to what they're good at and don't try and divert too far the reason we love them in the first place. Saying that I still love Monica, just being honest. Not the best.
on 12 January 2011
Apt title, as Monica has been missed and the music industry is hyped she's back. Stong vocal range, mainly soulful ballads, lovin' this.
on 13 July 2010
Still Standing

Bought this one after remember her singing with Brandy, but had not heard her stuff. Not disappointed as she really can knock out a beat. If you like Brandy, Beverley Knight, Melanie Fiona etc you will like this one , it's full of Soul.
One person found this helpful
on 23 March 2010
This is straight R&B at it's best. Her voice was KILLING on ALL the tracks.
I also like how there are pop-overtones in songs like Mirror & Believing In Me, without completely straying away from the GENRE she represents!!!

Still Standing: Not my fav beat wise but the message is STRONG & Luda killed it..

One In A Lifetime: Love the hook more than anything else but hot delivery but Monica

Stay or Go: Very easy on the ear album track

Everything To Me: Powerful old school, REAL SOUL music, Power & Presence GREATNESS!!

If You Were My Man: Club friendly, great vibes, flavour and makes my head nod constantly

Mirror: Edgy, Strong, Silky, Crossover appeal. Deep lyrics

Here I Am: Raw R&B beat with smooth and powerful delivery from Monica. Interesting lyrics I must say (ohhh she putting it out there)

Superman: I LOVE Monica's flow on this track, i'm instantly drawn in, I also LOVE how she comes into the 2nd verse. GIRL GOT Skills.

Love All Over Me: BEAST & GEM of a song and Monica's VOCALS OMG (Whaaaaattttttttttttt) BIG TUNE!!!!!!!!!

Believeing In Me: POWERFUL SONG, very strong lyrical content DON'T SLEEP ON THIS SONG. Monica really tapped into the right emotions on this one.

I've Not Heard An Consistant Strong Album like this from an R&B Female Artist in a looooooooong time
GREAT JOB BY MONICA & Her Team!!!
6 people found this helpful