I bought my first Kipling bag a few weeks ago and loved it so much, I thought I'd try this model too. The Ash Grey colour is a lovely, wearable casual colour that seems to go with everything. The strap is adjustable and you can wear the bag either as a messenger or as a shorter shoulder bag. I was pleased at first glance but having used it, I'm not so sure: let me explain...

The design itself is a little unbalanced because it's quite bottom-heavy (a result of where all the pockets are located) The lower half of the bag protrudes outwards from a side profile and it's more noticable the more you put in the bag. It's also not as practical as my other Kipling bag (the Kagiso) (Kipling Women's Kagiso Shoulder Bag which is essentially the same size as this but a more compact in feel because it's flatter. I prefer that bag to this one as it just feels more 'contained'/secure and compact. The Eldorado I'm reviewing here by comparison is a little disappointing... There is one large zip compartment at the back and one small one at the front. There is also one flap compartment at the front and the bag separates to reveal 3 credit card slots and another small flap - you can see this in the Amazon pictures and I personally don't like having to open up the bag in this way and things do fall out if you've forgotten to close any of the front compartments. I have also had things fall out of the back zipped area which you have to make a conscious effort to close because it has such a wide opening.

Bags CAN be intuitive and this one lacks that intuitiveness: I am continually rummaging around trying to find everything and it's not a good feeling when you have to experience that feeling of horror that you've lost something. I don't know, maybe it's just me... It's a nice bag, but it just doesn't seem to suit me very well - I guess I've found something better in the Kagiso model and this one doesn't quite measure up by comparison.
on 7 June 2010
This is great organiser bag...ideal for trips out when you want to travel light or keep items(tickets etc)safe, as there are card slots/ zipped and velco closures.
I have this in black ..the value was amazing .
on 29 August 2010
I've not bought a Kipling bag before, however I wish I had done. This is a very practical and small bag, great for when you are out and about. Lots of different compartments, highly recommended
on 1 August 2011
This item was purchased for my holiday with my partner and his family. I noticed that this bag is small/neat, bit holds import items, such as passport, wallet etc. This bag has offically become my holiday bag.

I ordered this item early one morning and received it the next day. I am very impressed with the prompt service.
on 23 February 2013
As with all Kipling products, the quality and colour is magnificent. I have bought several Kipling products, and I love them all. Among my purchases are the Lancelot, Reth, Fairfax, Candy, New Candy, Alvis wallet, even the Alcatraz backpack. I love each and every one of them to bits, the monkeys are my babies and I know them all by name. That's how much I love Kipling bags! :)

I bought the Eldorado about a year ago, and I keep trying to find a use for it. It just seems so clumsy. When I saw the features, I was in awe, so many compartments on such a tiny bag - but it turns out they are mostly useless (to me). The layout of the bag is rather unintuitive, I'm afraid. There is the front section, which contains a zippered very narrow and deep pocket, as well as a front pocket that closes with velcro. The pocket with the zip is almost useless if you have chubby hands and short fingers! Mine are long and thin, but I find myself having to shake the bag first in order to get my keys from the bottom. The front pocket is nice for a smartphone or a very thin purse, but not for anything bulky as it will make the bag look unbalanced quickly.

The back section has one larger zippered pocket, but even though I certainly don't carry much, it fills up rather too quickly. I only carry a glasses case, phone charger, cheque book, tissues, foldable shopping bag and a small bottle of lotion, but already the Eldorado starts looking like humpty dumpty.

The bag splits open in the middle from the bottom, where you can find (credit) card slots and two slightly larger pockets. I thought I could save space (you will find yourself doing that a LOT with this tiny bag) and transfer the contents of my wallet to the slots in the middle of the bag, but I quickly found problems with that. First, I have about 8 cards (this includes my driver's licence, health card, library card, credit cards etc), and there are 3 slots, meaning I'd either have to triple up on cards or store some elsewhere (which defies the purpose of the slots). But more importantly, this compartment which should have been the MOST secure, is completely OPEN and exposed to the world! I'd be frightened to death to pick it up upside down by accident, or even to lie my bag down on a table or so, and have my cards slide out unnoticed. The slots are extremely shallow too. There is a velcroed slot behind the "open" slots, but I wouldn't want to have to play Patience with my cards every time I wanted to pay for my groceries...

All in all, to my surprise, I did not find myself liking this bag very much. At the moment I am using my Candy bag, which stores everything I mentioned easily with room to spare. Even though it is larger and roomier, in fact it looks more compact than the Eldorado! I appreciate that different people have different needs, so don't let this put you off buying it... but if you are on the fence, I hope this review is helpful.
on 14 January 2010
Come in great colours - bought two - and a great price - good for holidays and days out when you dont need to drag all your stuff around.
on 31 October 2010
I absolutely love this bag. It is small enough to be cute and non-obtrusive, but big enough to fit a suprising amount of stuff in it! I normally take my (quite big) purse, digital camera, lip balm, ipod, keys and then paper stuff like my passport when I'm travelling. SO handy! Doesnt get in the way and isn't heavy like so many of my other handbags. All round, an amazing bag, it looks good and is comfortable. The material of the strap is soft and the zips are really sturdy. All the compartments are so handy but they still allow bigger items to fit in it. The monkey is fun, I get lots of compliments. I totally recommend, soooo worth the money, you'll keep it and use it forever!
on 2 August 2013
This is a great bag with an amazing capacity. i bought it to take on holiday as I wanted something light and not too big. I was able to put the following items into it. Phone, normal size purse, reading glasses in case, hand held battery fan, sunglasses, and tissues. Brilliant!
on 11 September 2010
Just what I expected, lots of little pockets, fits everything you may require in it.
on 16 March 2016
Normally love kipling and have a number of their cross body small bags. This is very very small. BUT the main fault for me is the strap. It is tiny and hardly any length for cross body. The picture shows the model wearing the bag long with lots of strap left. NO NO NO, way too small and a shoulder strap length. Gutted as I really wanted this bag to work for me.