on 5 April 2017
Ok my review is in two parts no 1 content,followed by no2 packaging and quality of the reissue.

No1 Content
The remaster is sublime,it's sound is sonically improved upon the original master.If you have the original then buying any of the reissues of tango in this collection is money well spent. With regards to the bonus disc of outakes,demos and b-sides this is the real jewel in this collection. It's great to hear how the original demo versions have come along into full fledged tracks on the finished album. This is the great thing about the FM reissue programme is the wealth of bonus material and we are not left disappointed here on this deluxe reissue. Finally the third disc could have quite easily been made into two and included a few other obscure edits but we have been left with a single disc of the most important ones. It's great to have these as it's been some time since most of us may have played the 12" singles in our collections (even if the remix is not something that really fits with FM style). Finally the DVD is a little sparse and yes could have easily been a blueray but equally could have included more than just the small amount of promo videos. It's a real shame that for such an important collection FM couldn't have conducted some new interviews on film for us. Also it's great we have the 5.1 mix but I would say more DVD film context would have easily been opted for by fans and maybe release a blueray audio separately instead. Finally the vinyl is nice black and heavy and is almost too good to play. So in a nutshell a few flaws on the content but only is your a real completist wanting everything and the tango in the night kitchen sink too.

Musical content 5
DVD content 3

On the packaging this is the downside,it's too slim. Upon first impressions it's very similar to the new Doors box set and it may save the trees but we should really be getting something more case bound. In theory we are getting a gatefold LP in a hard cover slipcase. Ideally this should be in a whole case bound book style package and instead of the somewhat thin booklet we should be getting a lot more value for money. There is no detail on the sessions and nothing at all on the run down of the bonus content. In fact for such beautiful artwork and also the finish of the LP I must say this amazing album deserves better and more expanded packaging. Also the cds are in poor card cd singles and then they fit into slits for each. This could have been easily put into packaging where each was placed into a different page. The booklet is my main bug bear tho and it's nice and big but flimsy and a real afterthought. Finally this could also have been improved with maybe a card print of the cover (say numbered) and maybe a poster of the cover too as it's such an iconic image. Finally I did look once the box was empty to see if some of my dissapintment would have been stopped by me finding a download code inside but yet again I was left wanting and expecting the simple things that most other bands include in deluxe reissues as standard. A real shame for a band that I have collected everything that they have released.

Last but no least I spent £49 on this release and given the above it's borderline value for money,had a couple of things been added that would have cost the record company pennies in the greater scheme of things it would have been worthy of 5 starts.

Overall packaging 3 stars

Final rating 4 stars
55 Comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 March 2016
I must say that I for one love the music from Fleetwood Mac just fantastic music
Middle of the road music to please many at any time of day or evening
they have many albums to pick from witch I play one after the other
from my collection... Great to chill out to Brilliant music

Five Gold Stars for Fleetwood Mac and there music
from SATAN
review imagereview image
on 25 December 2017
Seven wonders skips in multiple places despite no blemishes on the vinyl. Could only find one other review on here that mentions this fault it is apparently a pressing fault and happens when bought from other sellers too. Massively disappointed because the sound quality is otherwise amazing.
on 20 July 2017
Love this album its dominated by Christine McVie and Lindsay Buckingham songs the Stevie Nicks songs are not up to her usual high standards. Big Love, Little Lies, Family Man, Everywhere & Isnt It Midnight are the best tracks.
on 19 January 2018
A great album that sounds stunning on vinyl. Why can't all new vinyl releases sound this good.
on 30 January 2018
Brilliant pressing of one of Fleetwood's best albums. Missed out on the box set released last year, but I only wanted the vinyl anyway so this is the next best thing.
on 10 May 2013
I love this album brings back a lot of fond memories this is classic Fleetwood Mac at its absolute best .. you couldn't get any more classic than this ,,, my favourite song is Everywhere which I love, I am a real fan of Stevie Nicks too ! anyway this is awesome I cant get enough of Fleetwood mac just super songs evokes lots of memories and wonderful times so this is gold this is super duper please buy this album just beautiful xx
on 4 October 2017
THE DELIVERY DATE WAS MISSED BY 5 DAYS BUT ALL IN ALL I DID'NT MIND ONCE I'D RECEIVED THE ALBUM AND PLAYED IT I WAS WELL HAPPY.GOOD RESULT.
on 11 July 2017
Nicely pressed vinyl. A classic album that was ctying out for a reissue on decent vinyl
on 4 February 2017
Heard Tango in the Night at a Quiz night and it prompted me to look for our copy but couldn't find it so have now replaced it :)