TOP 500 REVIEWERon 31 March 2017
This is the third time I've bought this album - cassette, CD and now this two disc expanded edition. It's a classic album that has stood the test of time given the strength of the song writing, Lindsey Buckingham & Richard Dashut's skilful production and not forgetting the stunning vocal arrangements. The deluxe edition was tempting for a couple of minutes but this seemed like much better value for money (I'm sure they'll delight many but endless eighties extended mixes and remixes hold no interest for me).

Surprisingly given that the original production of this album is sonically very clean, the remaster does highlight enough subtle but noticeable differences to make it worthwhile, particularly Buckingham's guitar playing. The volume is slightly louder and the overall sound is clearer. It's probably not worth an upgrade for the re-master alone unless you're an audiophile (a single disc remastered CD has also been released) but the second disc should appeal to fans.

Collecting together three non-album B-sides and 10 previously unreleased demos / alternate versions, the second disc is an interesting listen, nothing more; nothing less except for 'Special Kind of Love' and closing track 'You and I, Part I & II' (Full Version). Previously unreleased 'You and I, Part I' is a jaw-dropping mid-tempo slice of pop that's very different from the Part II it segues into and it's incredible that it was omitted from the original release.

Housed in a double gatefold cardboard sleeve that features four studio portraits of the band, the combined playing time of both discs is a few seconds shy of 99 minutes. The accompanying 16 page booklet features a few archive photos, an essay about the album, credits and the lyrics for the original album tracks. If you decide to let this expanded edition pass you by, I do recommend downloading You And I, Part I & II (Full Version). Remastered original album: 5 Stars; Second disc: 3 Stars.
on 16 July 2017
This was an outstanding album which saw Fleewood Mac return to their best despite their personal difficulties and major differences within ths band. Tracks like Seven Wonders and Little Lies rank among the very best Fleetwood Mac songs, but even lesser known tracks such as Welcome To The Room Sara and When I See You Again are sensitive and beautifully crafted and provide balance to the album. The bonus tracks are a must-listen for fans, especially the paired-down early cut of Seven Wonders which is arguably even better than the final version.
on 1 June 2017
Great re-issue. The bonus disc a little less interesting then the others, maybe cos Stevie wasn't as present. But a must have for the fans.
on 16 August 2017
Nice music.
Brings back memories of my youth
on 15 August 2017
Everything Perfect !
on 12 September 2017
I thinks this is not appropriate to hold the cds I prefer jewel case.
on 25 February 2015
Takes me back !!
on 2 May 2017
Great cd
on 15 August 2017
Interesting variations and some other songs too.
VINE VOICEon 11 March 2011
I originally owned this album on cassette which I purchased back in 1987 when it was originally released and have played it to death ever since and only recently I purchased it on CD to replace the cassette version. This album is still a knockout and remains possibly my favourite Fleetwood Mac album I own. All of the songs on here are of a very high standard and it's no wonder that Fleetwood Mac were at the top of their game when they made this album. I just love it for what it is and that is a great album.

The symbol start on the beginning track 'Big Love' is genius thinking and it probably explained why it opens the album. I couldn't really see it anywhere else except as an opening track. But this album spawned a handful of single releases including 'Big Love', 'Everywhere' and 'Little Lies'. Every track on here are tracks to sing-a-long to. Fleetwood Mac are and will be one of my favourite groups I listen to and they have produced some brilliant songs over the last 40+ years in their many guises. This Fleetwood Mac contained the members Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks. This group formation lasted until the early 1990's.

This album most certainly propelled Fleetwood Mac into one of the best groups of the 1980's and their songs, especially in the 1970's and 1980's, played a part in my growing up and I think that they are a great band. As far as this album is concerned, Fleetwood Mac gave us, in my mind, one of the best albums of the 1980's. Great stuff.