TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 October 2012
I love my MacBook and MacBook Air but it can be hard to find necessary extras and when they are available they can be VERY expensive. I had been looking for a 12 v charger for some time as I tour by motorcycle and camp so mains power is hard to find. Until now have had to use a standard mains charger with a 12 volt inverter. Not a very elegant solution but the only 12 v unit I had found was horrendously expensive. Then I found this little beauty.

i was not expecting a great deal for the price, I just hoped it would work OK for the duration of a holiday but I have been pleasantly surprised. Not only does this work well but the quality seems very high. The unit itself is cased in good quality solid plastic. The lead lengths a good with the Mac end terminated in a good quality magnetic plug and the 12v end with a solid feeling cigarette lighter socket plug.
on 18 December 2015
Works as expected, as with all chargers of this type it should only be used when the car's engine is running to avoid car battery drain. But basically it works just like a regular Apple charger, charing light is orange when charging and green when charged. The one I bought had the MagSafe 1 connector and I have a MacBook air with a MagSafe 2 socket and am using a MagSafe 1 to MagSafe 2 adapter which seems to be working fine. Charging time is roughly the same as charing it with a wall charger.
on 7 August 2015
Bought this for my Mac air As a trucker need to recharge on the go. These charges are very well made and will last a long time not comparable with the cheaper units. This is the second one of these I have bought, The last one lasted two years and would still be good if I had not stepped on it
on 3 October 2015
Received when expected, packaging OK, build quality looks good; I've been using it a month now with no problems. At first I thought the laptop-end connector was a bit loose, but in fact it's a tighter connection than the official Apple 240V charger connector, although they both look identical... Max current draw 5.6A (11.5 -16V DC) cable length 620mm overall (power plug to adaptor) 1780mm overall (adaptor to laptop) adaptor length 125mm, width 45mm, depth 32mm. Red LED on adaptor, green / orange LED (like the Apple one but not as bright) on the laptop connector. Recommended!
on 10 November 2015
Arrived following day on Prime, in time for driving holiday. Kept my macBook charged although a little slower than a home charger, Have recommended to colleagues who have also purchased.
on 8 September 2015
Bought to charge my girlfriends MacBook as we were taking to the road for quite some time. Build quality is good. The mag-safe fits great. Wires are good quality - quite stiff. When charging it doesn't get noticeably hot at all - unlike the standard 240V transformers. Charge time is no different either.
All in all we are very happy with it.
on 20 February 2016
Needed a charger for my Mac while on the move and this fits the bill amazingly, no issues just plug and play.
on 19 February 2014
I blew mine up after messing with the polarity of the socket it was connected to. Just opened it up, and soldered a wire past the first component, and I was sorted. A bit plastic feel to it, not Apple quality, but hey, it's just a charger.

It does output enough power to charge a 15" MacBook Pro. Don't use it anymore though, you kinda need a car for it to work.
on 1 February 2017
Fast delivery. This charger is great. Works well and gives speedy charge to Mac. Would recommend.
on 2 February 2013
Have been asked to write a review, struggling to find anything much to say, it's a charger, it either works or doesnt, so, yeh, it works,