on 30 December 2009
Bought this BMX for my 10 year old son - he loves it. It was easy to put together and looks great. Excellent value for money
on 11 May 2011
Bought for my son's 9th birthday. Took a while to put together but I'm a perfectionist so adjusted all bearings, headsets and brakes to be free moving whithout any slack. Don't know why but budget bikes are always put together a bit tight; possibly to allow for bedding in. Anyway, enough of the bike maintenance lecture; the bike is great. It was delivered quickly and well packed (with lots of cardboard so it didn't get scratched). If you just want to assemble it without setting up perfectly it's not too onerous. The brakes are a little thought provoking but ok if you use logic. The only problem is the brake levers appear adult sized and if you adjust them for smaller hands (with the little screw on the lever) the amount of travel for the 360 brake device is reduced. So you can't make them too close otherwise there's not enough slack for free brake movement. My son's average size and can operate the levers without a problem but the levers would've been better is smaller. He is very happy with the bike and had his feet on the rear pegs within minutes of riding it. Also rode it down some steps in the garden ... mmmm. The bike comes with a bell and stand already fitted, which I didn't expect. Only rear stunt pegs are supplied but wait till you get the bike before buying more for the front wheel as that axle shaft isn't long enough to take standard 'trick nuts'(street lingo!). Also use some washers in between the rear pegs and the wheel fixing nut as otherwise the metal peg will rub the paint on the frame when doing it up (you'll understand when you get to that bit - not a problem though). The bike's about average weight (gross box weight is 16.5 kg) but my son is happy enough and so am I because I didn't have to pay a couple of hundred pounds for a superlight bike that will get trashed everytime it gets used! At this price you can let them have fun and not get too upset when things go wrong.
on 23 November 2009
Searched high and low for a bmx for my son, with specifications of gyro brakes, stunt pegs and something with a bit of something about it, Found the perfect bike, and what a bargain, came in a few days aswell, Very pleased, although didnt enjoy putting the brakes together!
on 4 June 2011
This is possibly our best ever buy from Amazon in over 10 years of shopping with them. A great price, free delivery to Spain and it really does look the business. It was a simple 10 minute job to put together, the brakes are the same as any "V" type found on a mountain bike bought in the last 20 years.
Our 8 year old boy that we'd convinced was getting a doll's house for his birthday literally cried when he saw it. He is absolutely thrilled with it, it's completely unique here and now all his mates want one.

I can't recommend this product enough. Thanks Amazon.
review image
on 28 November 2009
This is a very good bike put together well although not much info on assembling the front brakes but when put together its look really good not road yet as its an xmas pressie
on 16 June 2010
A great bargain...a pain to assemble...but that makes up for the good price,and great looking bike that my son was very happy with
on 20 January 2010
i bought this bike for my son and while being more than happy with the price, I was a little nervous about being able to fit it all together myself. i need not have worried though. After a false start (entirely my fault) it was straightforward and easy to put together.

Its a great looking bike, my son loves it, it compares well to some of his friends much more expensive ones and so I give this 5 stars.
Got this for my son's ninth birthday. I have to say the bike looks great and my son is very pleased with it. Seems well made and sturdy.

However, it was a bit of a nightmare to put together. The front wheel, handlebars, pedals, etc were easy enough but the problems started with the front brake which was pretty complicated - at least for me. Unfortunately, the instruction manual doesn't actually seem to relate to this particular model rather than a whole range of bikes, so that wasn't much help. It took me a few hours of trial of error before I finally managed to work out what I was doing. It didn't help that the brake cable was very short too, so I actually got another brake cable which made the job much easier.

So, a nightmare for Dad, but my son seems pleased enough.
on 15 January 2013
Received the bike in good order and quite quickly. I've been putting bikes together for nearly 40 years so had no problems at all with this one. Everything on the bike works just fine and it's a nice ride according to my son.

The only real problem is it's weight. More expensive BMX bikes are very lightweight which makes doing tricks a lot easier. This bike is very heavy. So heavy in fact that my son cannot lift it up. There is zero chance of any trick riding on this monster.

But, it does look nice and would serve as a nice introduction to BMX biking but be prepared to buy a proper bike if your child takes to the idea. My son didn't. Possibly because of the weight of the bike.
on 19 July 2010
my lad is a solid built 12 year old and as with most of his age street cred counts - so was wary as to best bike to get him that would also last without breaking the bank - and as i have no doubt given a couple of years he will want a change - bought the bike in June 2010 and so far no problems - he loves it - safe purchase.