Customer reviews

on 5 April 2017
I was introduced to this wonderful album by a wonderful colleauge who was such a bubbly character and was always overjoyed and happy. She would have music going in the classroom at the end of the day and dance everywhere! i had to get this. I love the song step by step as it represents a lot with what has happened in my life. Really feel good album.
on 22 March 2017
Great CD love it
on 10 December 2000
I ordered this cd from amazon as I couldn't find it in any local shops. I heard the cd as a friend has it and I think it's amazing. It has some really good songs including Step by Step and one of my personal favourites is Who Would Imagine A King. It's a great cd to sing along to and worth every penny!
on 19 February 2006
Even if you don't like gospel but you do like RnB/Pop/soul then this is an album for you!
Whitney Houston's vocals on this album are fantastic! She shows why she is Whitney Houston!
I believe in you and me- this is a lovely ballad song! One of her classics! The cd includes the single version and the live performance she gave in the actual film. They are both great!
Step by step is a touching, up-lifting tune. I love it!
I'm not going to go through every track but there is not 1 track on this album that i was dissapointed with! The vocals and harmonies are spot on! This is a truly great cd. The film is also a warm, up-lifting, gospel film. However, Whitney Houston's other films including 'Waiting to Exhale' (co-starring Angela Basett-how stella got her groove back) all seem to be overclouded by 'The Bodyguard'.
I would give this an honest 5 out of 5!!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 January 2016
I enjoyed this film and just had to have the soundtrack.

I bought this soundtrack whilst I was on holiday in America in 1996 as the soundtrack hadn’t been released in the UK back then.

This soundtrack has all the original songs from the film. :-)

It’s a mixture of the late great Whitney Houston singing solo as well as with to different choirs.

It’s a really lovely CD, but it’s not one I play a lot.
on 25 August 2004
I watched the movie and love gospal music so not suprising why I loved this cd so much. My favorite has to be "My Heart Is Calling". Worth buying if you like religious songs or Whitney for that matter :)
on 17 June 2010
I love this album. Whitney's voice is great and the gospel style suits her. This soundtrack is a mix of great gospel and a few of Whitney's big hits. Most of the tracks on this album are traditional gospel tracks and are very inspirational. There is a great gospel choir backing Whitney. I recommend this album.
on 27 November 2016
This is a great album of easy listening songs, sound quality is great, Lay back and listen too great music you can't go wrong wit this album.
on 19 January 2010
The CD is excellent. Definitely Whitney in her prime. If you like Gospel and Soul music, then its a definite 'must buy'.
on 25 April 2012
I have been a fan of Whitney Houston for 20 years i have some of her other albums which i still listen to. This album which has songs from the film is different to the material that she has released this one has more of a gospel sound but it is still one of my favourte albums. If you love whitney then i would recommend you buy this album.