on 1 March 2011
After searching high and low for some 'affordable' neoprene wellies, discovered Hunter Kids ones and at around one third of the price of adult ones and am delighted.They are nice and warm and soft feeling. It helps that I'm a shortie as their height is less than grown up ones, but actually size wise they're very generous so plenty of room for thick socks too. The only down for me is that I ideally wanted olive green and these are a brighter shade but all in all an extremely good buy.
Further comment: WARNING. Having only worn these a few times last winter and for a month or so this one, one of them is already leaking, somewhere on the seam near the toe and as I only use them for dog walking feel this is pretty unacceptable ! Dont necessarily expect that just because they're pricier than normal wellies they will be any tougher or last any longer.
33 Comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 June 2017
Good buy (price wise) as I brought it for myself and I'm an adult size 4. They are shorter than the women's boot and the calf is more fitted too which is ok for my as I'm 5 ft 2 inch with small calves
on 3 December 2012
I got the children's ones for myself as i wanted shorter wellies; they are probably the most comfortable wellies i've had - I wear wellies every day in the winter and have been through quite a few of the main brands. Hunters are always comfy but these are even better being neoprene lined; can't really fault them.
on 25 March 2013
Sadly the Quality of Hunters old school, by appointment to the queen etc no longer applies.

These are now produced elsewhere (typically china) having had the badge kept but everything else shipped elsewhere.
That means a simply overpriced boot that is a hit or miss purchase as to lasting based on premium price expectation.

That means as chap who wore the old style quality boots as a child, teen etc I can see the difference & have heard many stories as to 6 month then they fail, (you may get lucky).

these are fashion fit, not fit & form as per the old days.
TBH i'm better off buying a pair of dunlop wellies at a discount shop, less of a gamble. ...simply not as funky an array of colours.

True neoprene lining will help with keeping feet that bit warmer but so will good quality socks! (perhaps try a £6 pair of kids bridgedales.

When my daughter stops growing we'll invest in another quality pair from a still proven brand of wellington
manufacturers, ..SADLY THAT WILL NOT BE HUNTER!
on 22 June 2012
I LOVE my new Hunters. I needed some boots for walking the dog. I've gone through a few pairs of other cheaper wellies but found they leaked/cracked/rubbed/fitted poorly/where uncomfortable/didn't offer enough insulation etc. My new Hunters tick all of the boxes cheaper wellies don't. They look cool too :) And, the kids ones are a fraction of the price of adult ones and I think they're made just as well and look just as good. They fit perfectly. I was concerned about the fitting around the calves, but they fit amazingly. Nice and snug but not too tight. They'd be ace for festivals too. They're definitely comfy enough to wear for extended periods of time. And the neoprene lining keeps your toots lovely and cozy, without the need for thick socks - which can sometime feel uncomfortable if they fall asleep down your leg and scrunch up under your foot.
BUY THEM!
on 1 October 2012
Arrived promptly and my son was very happy with them. They look so much better than my regular Hunter's, in respect to being warmer due to the neoprene. Size wise, possible a little on the short in the foot, he has less growing room in these than his school shoes of the same size. They are quite long, for a size 3 boot. My son is nearly 140cm and they come just below his knee. Will be brilliant for muddy dog walks!
on 24 December 2010
Excellent value for money and extremely good quality - the wellies are so well insulated and the fluorescent strips on the back are a brilliant idea!
on 3 February 2010
Got these in a junior size 5 for my son. They're brilliantly made and the neoprene makes them cosy. They do come up big. I'm a size 5/38 and I've tried these on myself and if they were mine I'd put an insole in. A size 4 would have been fine for him. They are a bit shorter than my Huntress wellies which have just given out, so I'll be getting a pair of these for myself at half the price of the adult ones!
on 1 November 2012
Super comfy, great fit, great quality, nice and warm, only a bit shorter than a normal boot. At the price you can,t do better.
Firstly, these are great wellies. Lovely red neoprene lining, and it seems to make the boots feel thicker and sturdier. I was very impressed with them. But - we wanted wellies with longer legs for our little boy, aged 5, who needs a size 12 boot, to help out Dad on the farm. I only ordered these (expensive) wellies for the longer leg, but in his size the leg is not that long at all. It is confusing when some pictures show Junior Hunters with long legs, and some pictures show them with shorter legs (as the photo on here). It seems that the full length boot doesn't come available in the smaller sizes.

So - got a pair of £7 dunlops instead. The only ones with longer legs I have found. Most children's wellies seem to be purely designed for keeping your feet dry in puddles, but not much use for thick snow and mud which comes over the top!