Customer reviews

on 6 April 2011
The measure is great for indoors but once outside does not perform at distances over 20 metres unless at night.
on 15 March 2015
A tad fiddly till you get used to it which unless you are a tradesman or in the middle of a major DIY renovation may take a while. I confess I have to get the manual out every time I use it but then I only use it every couple of months. I would recommend the cheaper versions (PLR15 or 25) unless you really need the extra functions I got this in a black Friday deal so actually cost less than the 25 I already had the 15 which was sufficient really.
Very good at what it does but expensive (normally) and a more than most (including me) need.
on 7 January 2015
I just can't stop measuring things! A range finder may ssem like an extravagant purchase for anyone that doesn't need one for a living, however I am extremely glad I bought mine. Accurate to within 2mm it is amazingly easy to use, accurate and has some helpful functions like 'memory minus' that make measuring more complex shapes possible. The only tiny thing I'd say it has missing is an auto-off function, however it's very easy to see when you have left it on, so that's not a big issue really. Highly recommended.
on 23 February 2015
Its clumsy to use somehow and lacks the feature of being able to measure a horizontal distance even when you aren't holding it level. I discovered a Leica one subsequently which has this feature and is much nicer to use generally with more ergonomic buttons, better memory and about the same sort of price so I now have both and this is a rarely used spare.
on 2 February 2015
Simple, easy to use and great for measurements that would be difficult with a standard tape measure. Bosch seem to be able to make excellent products that simply do what you need. Can calculate area and volume - not essential but nice added bonus. Only down side is the range finder button could be a little larger and more defined but only a minor quibble
on 17 July 2014
This is an excellent product. Easy to understand and use, very accurate. A good clear readout. If you regularly measure larger distances and you're tired of re-reeling that big tape measure you've got, you'll love this. I haven't had to use it in scorchingly bright sunlight yet, but it hasn't let me down in normal daylight.
on 1 February 2013
This little baby has saved me so much time. Great indoors, good outdoors but a little difficult in strong sunlight, perfect at night. Easy to use and very please to have bought one. Pricey compared to what else is in the market, but you really do get what you pay for.
on 24 May 2013
A very useful tool and a big help but there are occasions when placing the device, locating the red spot over a larger distance and pressing the button etc simultaneously have been awkward - maybe due in some cases to my lack of dexterity but overall a great device.
on 8 April 2014
Seems accurate based on use so far although the feature to measure height at distance from two points just didn't work however I tried. Couldn't trust that feature and I might see if there is a clip on line to work out if It's me not operating the device correctly.
on 3 August 2013
I bought this and was initially criticised by my partner for spending over £100 on a tape measure. It has however easily recouped its value in the time saved while doing up our house as it allows many measuring tasks to be done single handedly and more accurately.

We have used this for almost every job from estimating paint requirements to cutting plumbing pipes and for many woodworking tasks. The accuracy seems to be down to the mm - I can measure the exact spot for timber to go, cut it and it just fits without trimming.

Its well built and has survived a few drops and some rough handling and the batteries last for ages. The added measurement spike and measuring from front or back allow it to be used for any measuring job.

Having a laser beam is also handy - its amazing how useful a laser pointer is while doing DIY and the continuous measurement feature has saved us considerable time on many occasions.